Connect with Susan Harris on:
Social Media Websites:http://www.facebook.com/susan.harris.5811 DCGardensByMonth
Posts by Susan Harris:
- Testing Pollinator Plants at Penn State
- Flingers, First Trip to DC?
- Winning Writers and Gardeners at the American Hort Society
- Beach Landscape Hits and Misses
- Where Leaders for Public Gardens Come From
- Chanticleer, the Modern Gardener’s Garden
- Backyard Labyrinths Trending?
- Meet the New On-Camera Gardening Guru
- 3 Examples of a Pro-Science Movement in Gardening – Are There More?
- The Wrong Way to Teach Eco-Friendly Gardening
- Garden Photographer of the Year Winners
- Eye Candy from a Famous Spanish Designer
- Gardens and Gardening on Video
- Designer Puts Tallamy’s Advice into Practice
- PlantPOP Wants to Film Your Story
- A Fond Farewell to Evelyn Hadden
- Canada, o Canada
- New Podcast Discovery: “Still Growing”
- Sex Talk at the US Botanic Garden
- “Most Beautiful Bike Trail in the East”
Susan’s a garden writer, teacher and activist in the Washington, D.C. area. Co-founder of GardenRant, she also wrote for national gardening magazines and independent garden centers before retiring in 2014. Now she has time for these projects:
- Creating and now serving as director and photo editor of DC Gardens, a nonprofit campaign to promote the public gardens of the Washington, D.C. area, and gardening by locals.
- Editing and contributing to the blog Greenbelt Live about her adopted hometown of Greenbelt, Maryland (a “New Deal Utopia” founded in 1937).
Contact Susan via email or by leaving a comment here.
Photo by Stephen Brown.