Connect with Susan Harris on:
Social Media Websites:http://www.facebook.com/susan.harris.5811 DCGardensByMonth
Posts by Susan Harris:
- Jerry Baker’s Quackery Lives On
- Gardening Podcast Update
- HGTV Stars – Where are They Now?
- Monty Don’s 80 Plant Cultures of the World
- GWA/Buffalo Take-Aways
- John Oliver Discovers the One and Only Ciscoe Morris
- Corner Makeover: Before and One Year Later
- Sunflowers Rivaling Cherry Blossoms as Top Plant Attraction
- Beach Town’s Transition from Gambling and Gangs to Gorgeous Gardens
- Garden Update Five Years On
- I’m a City Center Gardener
- joe gardener Goes Live!
- Testing Pollinator Plants at Penn State
- Flingers, First Trip to DC?
- Winning Writers and Gardeners at the American Hort Society
- Beach Landscape Hits and Misses
- Where Leaders for Public Gardens Come From
- Chanticleer, the Modern Gardener’s Garden
- Backyard Labyrinths Trending?
- Meet the New On-Camera Gardening Guru
Susan’s a garden writer, teacher and activist in the Washington, D.C. area. Co-founder of GardenRant, she also wrote for national gardening magazines and independent garden centers before retiring in 2014. Now she has time for these projects:
- Creating and now serving as director and photo editor of DC Gardens, a nonprofit campaign to promote the public gardens of the Washington, D.C. area, and gardening by locals.
- Editing and contributing to the blog Greenbelt Live about her adopted hometown of Greenbelt, Maryland (a “New Deal Utopia” founded in 1937).
Contact Susan via email or by leaving a comment here.
Photo by Stephen Brown.