Connect with Susan Harris on:
Social Media Websites:GardenerSusan http://www.facebook.com/susan.harris.5811 GardenerSusan2
Posts by Susan Harris:
- The Animals and Garden Amenities of Plantsman David Culp
- Got Gnomes?
- Cats in the Garden – Solutions Only
- Kale-a-Rama makes me Wonder: Is Veganism the Next Big Thing?
- In Defense of Plant Critics
- OG Mag on Wildlife-Friendly Gardens: What’s Wrong with this Picture?
- The Travels and Trials of Plant Explorer Panayoti Kelaides
- When Master Gardeners Break the Rule and say they’re Master Gardeners
- How to get Unique Photos of Cherry Blossoms
- Blossom-less FDR Memorial delights. MLK Memorial just looks sad.
- Lunch with Barbara Damrosch
- Plea from a Plant-Loving Landscape Architect
- Poetry for a Leaf Blower Nation
- Hedges in Suburbia
- So, what do we think of “Master Gardeners”?
- Crimes against…Masonry?
- How to Teach a Town to Garden – Ideas, Please!
- Gardeners, is your Car Filthy from Hauling Stuff?
- Discoveries at a Nursery Trade Show
- Winter Gardening: How Low Will you Go?
Susan Harris’s discovery of blogging back in 2005 led to all kinds of fun – and a second career as a garden writer. The blogging and gardening all take place in Greenbelt, Maryland, just outside Washington, D.C. (Off-topic, check out Greenbelt Live, the community blog she recently started.) Susan also coaches gardening in the greater D.C. area.
As a Garden Center Blogger, Susan works to create, manage, write and promote blogs and websites for independent garden centers. See the Mahoney’s, Homestead and Behnkes blogs for examples of her writing for garden-center blogs.
Susan’s articles have appeared in such magazines as Fine Gardening, Organic Gardening, and Landscape Architecture.