Connect with Susan Harris on:
Social Media Websites:http://www.facebook.com/susan.harris.5811 DCGardensByMonth
Posts by Susan Harris:
- New-Video Update
- Fear of the Outdoors or Sensible Defenses Against Insects?
- Felder Rushing’s Mississippi Garden
- New Guide to the Garden Revolution, by Weaner and Christopher
- Mom and Dad’s Ohio Garden
- Photography Lesson in a Garden
- In pruning old azaleas, is radical renovation too scary?
- Report from New Zealand: How Plants Survived Moa Birds, and More
- Benefits of gardening, or just being IN a garden
- New! 305 Curated Videos, and More Sought
- Your Azalea-Eaglet Update
- All the Presidents’ Gardens, and a Free Trip to DC
- Garden Flag Reveal!
- Bald eagles, not azaleas, are the stars at Arboretum
- Philly Flower (?) Show Report
- First Lady to Drop in on Gardens Across the Country
- It’s the Year of Garden-Park Connections
- Garden Flags with Shibori and Permanent Dye
- European Garden Travels with Carolyn
- Public Gardeners Tackle the 2016 Blizzard
Susan’s a garden writer, teacher and activist in the Washington, D.C. area. Co-founder of GardenRant, she also wrote for national gardening magazines and independent garden centers before retiring in 2014. Now she has time for these projects:
- Good Gardening Videos, an ad-free, nonprofit website that curates gardening videos for accuracy and watchability.
- DC Gardens, a nonprofit campaign to promote public gardens and gardening in the Washington, D.C. area.
- Greenbelt Live about her adopted hometown of Greenbelt, Maryland (a “New Deal Utopia” founded in 1937).
Contact Susan via email or by leaving a comment here.
Photo by Stephen Brown.