Connect with Susan Harris on:
Social Media Websites:http://www.facebook.com/susan.harris.5811 GardenerSusan
Posts by Susan Harris:
- DCGardens.com and a Call for Photos and Videos
- Can a Video Attract Garden Visitors?
- From our Landscape Architect Friends…
- Digging into the Archive of American Gardens
- Bunny Mellon, a DC Garden Designer with Connections
- Garden Tourism Getting its Due
- Domestic Cut Flowers Come to Congress
- The Designer, Post-Makeover, Launches this Week
- “Best Philadelphia Flower Show Ever”
- A Garden of Marvels Highlights and Giveaway
- Should Community Gardens be Organic-Only? What about Pesticide-Free?
- Garden and Nature Photos for the Snowbound Gardener
- Coming soon – Roundup-Ready Turfgrass
- The Trouble with the Word “Invasive”
- Sightings at a Trade Show
- Eastern Gardener ISO Desert Plants
- 2013 in my Garden and my Town
- Merry Christmas from the White House!
- Decorating Time, White House Version
- How to Stop Bee-Killing Pesticides? Start with the Box Stores!
Susan Harris’s discovery of blogging back in 2005 led to all kinds of fun – and a second career as a garden writer. Her work appears in such magazines as Fine Gardening, Organic Gardening, and Landscape Architecture and online for garden centers, including Behnkes, Homestead Gardens and Mahoney’s.
In 2009 Susan brought together garden designers, communicators and growers to form the Lawn Reform Coalition to promote healthier landscapes, a cause she also promotes on her website about sustainable gardening.
Her latest project, launched in March of 2014, is DC Gardens, an all-volunteer campaign to promote DC-area gardens open to the public using photo arrays and videos, and to be a resource for local gardeners.
Susan blogs and gardens in Greenbelt, Maryland, a “New Deal Utopia” just outside Washington, D.C. (Off-topic, check out Greenbelt Live, the community blog she started in mid-2012, and the companion Greenbelt Maryland Youtube Channel.)
Contact Susan via email or by leaving a comment here.