Connect with Susan Harris on:
Social Media Websites:http://www.facebook.com/susan.harris.5811 DCGardensByMonth
Posts by Susan Harris:
- Watering tools I love, and why I hate the others
- Anti-Leaf-Blowers get Blowback
- NWF’s terrible, no-good gardening advice goes viral
- Loss of tree costing me a fortune
- Delaware Botanic Garden and “Rock Star” Piet Oudolf
- When gardens become reminders of war and tragedy
- First County-Wide Lawn Pesticide Ban Passes
- “Post-Wild” Book Talk and Giveaway
- Fans of Garden Design Magazine
- Zinnias for Pollinators!
- Dining in a Field of Slow Flowers
- How NOT to learn to water your garden
- Barbara Ellis and her Liberated Country Garden
- Inside the White House Rose Garden “Memory Book”
- Super-Duper Chanticleer Book and Contest
- Weeding Meadows and Neil Diboll on CBS
- Garden Professors’ Epic Takedown of Consumer Reports
- Plant Fanatics Party in Baltimore
- Best-Looking Plants in my July Garden
- Attracting July Visitors with Photos
Susan’s a garden writer, teacher and activist in the Washington, D.C. area. Co-founder of GardenRant, she also wrote for national gardening magazines and independent garden centers before retiring in 2014. Now she has time for these projects:
- Creating and now serving as director and photo editor of DC Gardens, a nonprofit campaign to promote the public gardens of the Washington, D.C. area, and gardening by locals.
- Editing and contributing to the blog Greenbelt Live about her adopted hometown of Greenbelt, Maryland (a “New Deal Utopia” founded in 1937).
Contact Susan via email or by leaving a comment here.
Photo by Stephen Brown.