Connect with Susan Harris on:
Social Media Websites:http://www.facebook.com/susan.harris.5811 GardenerSusan
Posts by Susan Harris:
- I was a Lab Rat for GMO Apples
- Made any of these “10 Terrible Mistakes”?
- The Pentagon’s Memorial Landscape
- Help make the Arboretum Lawn Education Program a Good One!
- Lawn-Mowing as a Patriotic Act
- Lawn Pesticides Outlawed!
- Gardenblogger garden is a stand-out in Nashville
- The Scarecrows of Nashville
- Tombstone as Landscape Feature
- GardenRant Announces New Partners!
- The perils of giving and receiving garden criticism
- White House Kitchen Garden in Shutdown Mode
- How to find sources you can trust on controversial topics – like GMOs
- Garden Design Mag is Back and Totally Different!
- One Bright Spot in Shutdown for a Family Nursery
- The “Queen of Green”? You be the Judge
- On the importance of James van Sweden to the Ecological Movement in American Gardening
- Video shows the Gardens of Greenbelt, Maryland in ’39 and ’13
- Remembering James van Sweden
- On transitioning to a pollinator garden
Susan Harris’s discovery of blogging back in 2005 led to all kinds of fun – and a second career as a garden writer. Her work appears in such magazines as Fine Gardening, Organic Gardening, and Landscape Architecture and online for garden centers, including Behnkes, Homestead Gardens and Mahoney’s.
In 2009 Susan brought together garden designers, communicators and growers to form the Lawn Reform Coalition to promote healthier landscapes, a cause she also promotes on her website about sustainable gardening.
Susan blogs and gardens in Greenbelt, Maryland, a “New Deal Utopia” just outside Washington, D.C. (Off-topic, check out Greenbelt Live, the community blog she started in mid-2012.) Susan also coaches gardening in the greater D.C. area.
Contact Susan via email or by leaving a comment here.