Connect with Susan Harris on:
Social Media Websites:http://www.facebook.com/susan.harris.5811 DCGardensByMonth
Posts by Susan Harris:
- The Wrong Way to Teach Eco-Friendly Gardening
- Garden Photographer of the Year Winners
- Eye Candy from a Famous Spanish Designer
- Gardens and Gardening on Video
- Designer Puts Tallamy’s Advice into Practice
- PlantPOP Wants to Film Your Story
- A Fond Farewell to Evelyn Hadden
- Canada, o Canada
- New Podcast Discovery: “Still Growing”
- Sex Talk at the US Botanic Garden
- “Most Beautiful Bike Trail in the East”
- 3 Take-aways from Garden Writer Meet-ups
- Stormwater Management at its Most Beautiful
- Cornell on Lawn Care: Do Less!
- Wild Designer Makes “Beautiful Places for People to Love”
- Roses without Chemicals, After Knock Outs
- Ask a Designer: Favorite Shrubs
- Videographer Teams up with Horticulturist Neighbor
- I Aspire to Buffalo-Style Gardening
- Ask a Designer: What’s a Good Ground Cover for Shade?
Susan’s a garden writer, teacher and activist in the Washington, D.C. area. Co-founder of GardenRant, she also wrote for national gardening magazines and independent garden centers before retiring in 2014. Now she has time for these projects:
- Creating and now serving as director and photo editor of DC Gardens, a nonprofit campaign to promote the public gardens of the Washington, D.C. area, and gardening by locals.
- Editing and contributing to the blog Greenbelt Live about her adopted hometown of Greenbelt, Maryland (a “New Deal Utopia” founded in 1937).
Contact Susan via email or by leaving a comment here.
Photo by Stephen Brown.