Connect with Susan Harris on:
Social Media Websites:http://www.facebook.com/susan.harris.5811 DCGardensByMonth
Posts by Susan Harris:
- Plant-Adjacent Gifts to Myself
- Bulb-Planting Rules I Break
- Video: Best-Performing Native Plants in my Garden
- Can these Junipers be Saved?
- Are Images of Gardeners in the Media Finally Improving?
- Dueling Gardeners on Stage
- Discovering Sally Fox, Legendary Cotton Breeder
- Landscape Architect Wins MacArthur Genius Award
- The Gardens (and More) of Asbury Park, NJ
- I Found my Bird Feeder Bliss
- Jerry Baker’s Quackery Lives On
- Gardening Podcast Update
- HGTV Stars – Where are They Now?
- Monty Don’s 80 Plant Cultures of the World
- GWA/Buffalo Take-Aways
- John Oliver Discovers the One and Only Ciscoe Morris
- Corner Makeover: Before and One Year Later
- Sunflowers Rivaling Cherry Blossoms as Top Plant Attraction
- Beach Town’s Transition from Gambling and Gangs to Gorgeous Gardens
- Garden Update Five Years On
Susan’s a garden writer, teacher and activist in the Washington, D.C. area. Co-founder of GardenRant, she also wrote for national gardening magazines and independent garden centers before retiring in 2014. Now she has time for these projects:
- Creating and now serving as director and photo editor of DC Gardens, a nonprofit campaign to promote the public gardens of the Washington, D.C. area, and gardening by locals.
- Editing and contributing to the blog Greenbelt Live about her adopted hometown of Greenbelt, Maryland (a “New Deal Utopia” founded in 1937).
Contact Susan via email or by leaving a comment here.
Photo by Stephen Brown.