Connect with Susan Harris on:
Social Media Websites:http://www.facebook.com/susan.harris.5811 DCGardensByMonth
Posts by Susan Harris:
- Plants for crazy sports fans? Sure, why not?
- Gardening information worthless to universities – unless someone else pays for it
- Next in Garden Flag-Making: Rit Dyes and Stencils
- Campaign News from the Des Moines Botanical Garden!
- Why I’ve Rejoined Garden Writers
- Dyeing Prayer Flags with Plants, and How I Found a Crafting Coach
- My Year in Garden Visits
- A Trashy Alaskan Tree for the Capitol
- Prayer Flags in My Garden
- Where Environmentalism Meets Public Health
- To Help Save Habitat, Drink this Coffee
- Watering tools I love, and why I hate the others
- Anti-Leaf-Blowers get Blowback
- NWF’s terrible, no-good gardening advice goes viral
- Loss of tree costing me a fortune
- Delaware Botanic Garden and “Rock Star” Piet Oudolf
- When gardens become reminders of war and tragedy
- First County-Wide Lawn Pesticide Ban Passes
- “Post-Wild” Book Talk and Giveaway
- Fans of Garden Design Magazine
Susan’s a garden writer, teacher and activist in the Washington, D.C. area. Co-founder of GardenRant, she also wrote for national gardening magazines and independent garden centers before retiring in 2014. Now she has time for these projects:
- Creating and now serving as director and photo editor of DC Gardens, a nonprofit campaign to promote the public gardens of the Washington, D.C. area, and gardening by locals.
- Editing and contributing to the blog Greenbelt Live about her adopted hometown of Greenbelt, Maryland (a “New Deal Utopia” founded in 1937).
Contact Susan via email or by leaving a comment here.
Photo by Stephen Brown.