Connect with Michele Owens on:
Social Media Websites:
Posts by Michele Owens:
- A Bantam Fan
- The Philosopher Shrugs
- Tough Beauty Versus Delicate Beauty
- The Assistants
- Peach Patrol
- Totally Silly?
- Sweat Shopping
- Why Is This Woman Writing About Tulips Now?
- A Few Thoughts About Timing
- Sisyphus as Orchardist
- Off the Leash
- Want to Live to 100? Two Words: Vegetable Garden
- Half-Assed, Lazy, and Extremely Successful
- Most Likely To Be Pilfered
- Vegetables Should Taste Good!
- Adoptive Mothers on the Job
- A Barren Year
- Stanford Organic Study Ignores Variety Differences
- Pick Up Both Shovel and Fork!
Garden Rant co-founder Michele Owens writes about gardening for publications that have included O, The Oprah Magazine and Organic Gardening. Her book about vegetable gardening, Grow the Good Life, is available from Rodale Books.
She is also the co-author of three nationally best-selling business books, Executive Warfare, Career Warfare, andBrand Warfare, with former John Hancock CEO David F. D’Alessandro. Brand Warfare was named one of the best business books of 2001 by Library Journal.
She is the former chief speechwriter for Governor William F. Weld of Massachusetts and worked on his 1996 Senate campaign. She was also a staff speechwriter for another distinctive voice in American politics, Governor Mario Cuomo of New York.
Michele considers her vegetable garden one of the great joys of her life. She co-founded Rant with Amy Stewart and Susan Harris in 2006 and actively contributed through 2013.