Connect with Garden Rant on:
Social Media Websites:
Posts by Garden Rant:
- How one Garden Club is Changing with the Times
- The Success of Mississippi State’s “Southern Gardening”
- #TBT What’s Invasive? Telling People What They Can’t Plant In Their Yards
- #TBT: Natives are hot, but am I hot for natives? Or just confused?
- #TBT: GardenRant Takes Over the World
- Flow Chart for the Gardening Revival
- Technical fixes coming to GardenRant
- Walnut Hill Book Giveaway
- Chanticleer – the Garden, the Book, the Launch Party
- The No-Water California Garden
- Could a weed be the next kale?
- Amy Stewart on the Road with her First Novel!
- Scenes from the Philadelphia Flower Show
- Read all about Allen Bush in the New York Times!
- Hot Debate Coming Up: Do Gardens Qualify as Art?
- WANTED: Information on Occurrence of Basil Downy Mildew.
- Public Gardens and Social Media
- Cork-Popping and Other News
- Elizabeth Gilbert’s Novel of Botanical Exploration
- 66 Square Feet–We Have a Winner!
GardenRant is the work of these highly opinionated gardeners:
GardenRant has been online since June 2006 and quickly developed a following among garden bloggers, garden writers and editors, and landscape nursery business professionals. We have been named Best Garden Blog, Most Innovative Garden Blog, and Best Written, by a jury of our peers.
Garden Design Magazine called us: “Pithy, hysterically funny, with poignant news and views of all aspects of the garden world. Don’t miss their Manifesto!” We’ve also received praise from the Washington Post’s Barbara Damrosch, who said Garden Rant “gives good information, hosts lively and knowledgeable guest ranters, and is anchored by four outstandingly uppity women, excellent writers all.”
Washington Post gardening editor Adrian Higgins said that Garden Rant is “one of my favorites: A blend of gossip, news, crusade and, yes, raw rant, it blows the cobwebs out of gardening’s mustier corners.”
USA Today reported on our gardening activities in the spring of 2010, andMacKenzie Carpenter said in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that although we “will probably never be invited by HGTV to host a garden show,” Rant “is in a class by itself.” In the New York Times, Michael Tortorello asserts that we “mouth off with the zeal of sports radio barkers.” We’ve also been lauded by The American Gardener, Canadian Gardening magazine, BBC’s Gardens Illustrated, and theNational Gardening Association.
Read all the latest press on our Who’s Ranting About Us section.
Our readers have called us “Witty, sharp, and relentless good fun” and “sassy, knowledgeable commentary, always provocative, always surprising” and “first blog I read every day.” Read more praise from our readers here.
Who reads GardenRant? See the results of our reader survey here. We get over 80,000 page views a month.
Guest posts? Product giveaways? Read all about it here.
To contact us, post a comment or drop a line to Amy here: