Connect with Elizabeth Licata on:
Social Media Websites:gwi
Posts by Elizabeth Licata:
- Once more in Buffalo—this time for the GWA
- Crazy petunias—what do we think?
- When trees come in handy
- I hate being a gardening know-it-all
- Garden variety hellebores are still the best
- Sorry, no seeds—or cereal—for me, GM
- Clean water? Fresh air? Unspoiled national parks? Science? Who needs ’em?
- Is Facebook a great place for gardening questions? Usually not.
- Stick to gardening
- Just the facts
- A trendy wish list for 2017
- Planting for the cause
- The myth of the plant killer
- Wild means wild
- Trends I won’t be following this season
- Preserves work in every season
- Catching up with Dr. A
- There’s an upside to the white stuff
- Learning to say goodbye—with pleasure
- How about some weird wildflower seeds?
Elizabeth Licata has been a regular writer for Garden Rant since 2007, after contributing a guest rant about the overuse of American flags in front gardens. She lives and gardens in Buffalo, N.Y., which, far from the frozen wasteland many assume it to be, is a lush paradise of gardens, historic architecture, galleries, museums, theaters, and fun. As editor of Buffalo Spree magazine, Licata helps keep Western New Yorkers apprised about what is happening in their region. She is also a freelance writer and art curator, who’s been published in Fine Gardening, Horticulture, ArtNews, Art in America, the Village Voice, and many other publications. She does regularly radio segments for the local NPR affiliate, WBFO.
Licata is involved with Garden Walk Buffalo, the largest free garden tour in the US and possibly the world,and has written the text for a book about Garden Walk. She has also written and edited several art-related books. Contact Elizabeth: ealicata at yahoo.com