Connect with Elizabeth Licata on:
Social Media Websites:gwi
Posts by Elizabeth Licata:
- Is Facebook a great place for gardening questions? Usually not.
- How to make your region as garden-crazed as Buffalo
- Destination weddings—and horticulture
- It’s show time!
- Finally, they’re coming for the leaf blowers
- Gardening with a purpose
- Stop with the ugly evergreens
- Stick to gardening
- Just the facts
- A trendy wish list for 2017
- Butterfly weed—why not
- The myth of the plant killer
- At the closing of the year
- Nothing to be SAD about?
- Embracing the ephemeral
- Disaster in the Smokies
- Fresh from the farm? Not always a guarantee.
- #TBT: Top ten houseplants, according to me
- The bad leaf advice—it’s baaack!
- Don’t forget to vote—and even if your candidate doesn’t win, you can win this book!
Elizabeth Licata has been a regular writer for Garden Rant since 2007, after contributing a guest rant about the overuse of American flags in front gardens. She lives and gardens in Buffalo, N.Y., which, far from the frozen wasteland many assume it to be, is a lush paradise of gardens, historic architecture, galleries, museums, theaters, and fun. As editor of Buffalo Spree magazine, Licata helps keep Western New Yorkers apprised about what is happening in their region. She is also a freelance writer and art curator, who’s been published in Fine Gardening, Horticulture, ArtNews, Art in America, the Village Voice, and many other publications. She does regularly radio segments for the local NPR affiliate, WBFO.
Licata is involved with Garden Walk Buffalo, the largest free garden tour in the US and possibly the world,and has written the text for a book about Garden Walk. She has also written and edited several art-related books. Contact Elizabeth: ealicata at yahoo.com