Connect with Allen Bush on:
Social Media Websites:allenwbush http://www.facebook.com/allen.bush
Posts by Allen Bush:
- Kentucky’s Secret Gardens
- Perennial Fun in Raleigh This Summer
- Fantasy Forest
- Steel Magnolias
- Daffodil Doodah
- The Power of the Sun: Truth or Consequences
- Hanauma Bay to Petropolis
- The Little Greenhouse That Could
- The Best Seed Company in the World
- Perennial Royalty: It’s Inbred
- A Glimpse of a Lunatic’s Garden
- Waiting for Camus
- Ask Your Budtender First
- Dennis the Menace
- In Praise of a Plant That Needs Your Love
- The Pin Oak vs. Statues of Dead White Men
- Perennially Yours: Steve Still
- The Garden and Nursery Boat
- A Gardening Education: Alberta and Omer
Allen Bush retired from Jelitto Perennial Seeds in 2017 after 22 years. He loved every minute of it.
Allen received a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Kentucky in 1973 and was an International Trainee at the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, England 1978-1979.
From 1980 to 1995 Allen was the owner of Holbrook Farm and Nursery, Fletcher, NC, a national mail order nursery that offered perennials, wildflowers and rare trees and shrubs. Allen introduced Stokesia ‘Klaus Jelitto’ and the sweetshrub, Calycanthus ‘Michael Lindsey’ to the U.S. market. The Royal Horticultural Society awarded the Award of Garden Merit (A.G.M.) to Heuchera ‘Molly Bush’ in 2002.
Allen was honored by the Perennial Plant Association with its Award of Merit in 2011. He received the American Horticultural Society’s Paul Ecke Jr. Commercial Award in 2017.
Allen gardens with his wife, Rose Cooper, also known as Rose Bush.