Connect with Allen Bush on:
Social Media Websites:allenwbush http://www.facebook.com/allen.bush
Posts by Allen Bush:
- Rock Star Garden
- Janet Draper: A Perennial Force
- Mad May: No Fury
- My Favorite Flower Show
- My Prairie Plot Thickens
- The Theosophic Turtle
- Bourbon Disease Could Be Worse Than a Bad Hangover
- Garden Rant Giveaway Grand Drawing
- Essential Perennials…You Gotta Have It.
- Whitewashed Tree Trunks: The Unvarnished Story
- My Epigenetic Epiphany and the Gingko Hermaphrodite
- Got to Scrape the Shit Right Off Your Shoes
- Who Will See the Canopy for the Trees?
- Deep-Rooted Wisdom for the Holidays
- Travels with Rufus
- Trashing Out with Kudzu and ‘Sherman’s Ghost’
- Sins of My Lawn: Putt-Putt at Machu Picchu
- Driving Alaska with My Three Miss Daisies
- Where’s the Wow? The Green Industry Takes Stock.
- More Foreign Invaders: Possums on the Half Shell
Allen Bush has been with Jelitto Perennial Seeds since 1995 and currently serves as Director of Special Projects. Jelitto offers nearly 3,000 varieties of perennial flower and ornamental grass seeds. The company principally serves wholesale producers but sells over the Internet to home gardeners. Allen provides public relations and searches for potential new varieties around the world.
Allen received a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Kentucky in 1973 and was an International Trainee at the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, England 1978-1979.
From 1980 to 1995 Allen was the owner of Holbrook Farm and Nursery, Fletcher, NC, a national mail order nursery that offered perennials, wildflowers and rare trees and shrubs. Allen introduced Stokesia ‘Klaus Jelitto’ and the sweetshrub, Calycanthus ‘Michael Lindsey’ to the U.S. market. The Royal Horticultural Society awarded the Award of Garden Merit (A.G.M.) to Heuchera ‘Molly Bush’ in 2002.
Allen was honored by the Perennial Plant Association with its Award of Merit in 2011. He serves on the board of the Olmsted Parks Conservancy in Louisville, Kentucky and has been a contributor to the Human Flower Project since 2008.
Allen gardens with his wife, Rose Cooper, who is sometimes known as Rose Bush.