Connect with Allen Bush on:
Social Media Websites:allenwbush http://www.facebook.com/allen.bush
Posts by Allen Bush:
- The Greatest of All Time and the Meadow
- A Gardener’s Day Off: Eenie, Meenie and Rubinstein
- God, Guns and Gardens
- Bill Best Knows Best about Wonder Beans
- Slices of Spring and Steak
- Rosemary Up the Ass and the Stinking Hellebore
- When The Aster Hitched a Ride
- Trump, a Cabbage Palm or Sassafras
- My Granddaughter and I Take On Johnny Appleseed
- The Planetary Style and Wisdom of Norris, Clément and Lacy
- The Master Logger and the Hay Rake in the Walnut Tree
- The Conquest of Putt-Putt at Machu Picchu
- Hackberry Nerds Not in Lab Coats
- Axis Shrugged for Nostalgia and Fun
- Way Down Yonder in the Blue Ribbon Pawpaw Patch
- On Top of the Daylily World
- Rock Star Garden
- Janet Draper: A Perennial Force
- Mad May: No Fury
- My Favorite Flower Show
Allen Bush has been with Jelitto Perennial Seeds since 1995 and currently serves as Director of Special Projects. Jelitto offers nearly 3,000 varieties of perennial flower and ornamental grass seeds. The company principally serves wholesale producers but sells over the Internet to home gardeners. Allen provides public relations and searches for potential new varieties around the world.
Allen received a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Kentucky in 1973 and was an International Trainee at the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, England 1978-1979.
From 1980 to 1995 Allen was the owner of Holbrook Farm and Nursery, Fletcher, NC, a national mail order nursery that offered perennials, wildflowers and rare trees and shrubs. Allen introduced Stokesia ‘Klaus Jelitto’ and the sweetshrub, Calycanthus ‘Michael Lindsey’ to the U.S. market. The Royal Horticultural Society awarded the Award of Garden Merit (A.G.M.) to Heuchera ‘Molly Bush’ in 2002.
Allen was honored by the Perennial Plant Association with its Award of Merit in 2011. He serves on the board of the Olmsted Parks Conservancy in Louisville, Kentucky and has been a contributor to the Human Flower Project since 2008.
Allen gardens with his wife, Rose Cooper, who is sometimes known as Rose Bush.