Everybody's a Critic, What's Happening

The Designer, Post-Makeover, Launches this Week

aaaMarch20146

The smartypants team at the Association of Professional Landscape Designers has something fabulous for us all, and it’s free.  It’s their totally new and stunning digital magazine The Designer, which launches later this week. (But you can subscribe now.)  I got a sneak peak and can attest to the magazine’s awesomeness.

Here’s the 411 from their press release:

The re-designed and re-imagined quarterly magazine, The Designer, from the Association of Professional Landscape Designers will launch on March 15, 2014.  Editor in Chief, Susan Morrison, APLD has re-positioned the publication to reflect its new digital only format.

Working with seasoned consumer magazine art director, Marti Golon, the new editorial team has created a fresh look with engaging content appropriate for its core audience of landscape designers, but of interest to any outdoor design enthusiast.  Departments have been revamped and new ones created, new contributors have been added to the roster and the content reflects a wide diversity of topics related to landscape design.

In the Spring 2014 issue, highlights include articles by regional landscape designers about their favorite plants to use in the landscape, a feature on innovative food gardens, as well as two new regular columns, one aimed at beginning designers; the other a ‘master class’.

Click here to subscribe.  Oops!  We’re getting comments saying the subscribe feature isn’t working yet.  The message has been sent to the powers-that-be at the mag, and a fix will be posted here asap.

From the Spring 2014 issue of The Designer

From the Spring 2014 issue of The Designer

Posted by on March 10, 2014 at 11:00 am, in the category Everybody's a Critic, What's Happening.

13 Responses to “The Designer, Post-Makeover, Launches this Week”

1. Susan Cohan says:

Thanks so much for the awesome post. We, at APLD, are thrilled with the result and can’t wait for everyone to see the entire issue on Saturday 3/15. Most of the issue is edited and written by landscape designers, so that in itself is an interesting point of view I think. I’ll be interested in seeing what everyone else’s opinion is. Thanks again!

2. Tiye says:

Check out this neat short documentary that highlights the career of a landscape architect! https://vimeo.com/85284732

3. D&Y says:

Thanks. I will give this magazine a good look.

4. Sandra Knauf says:

I’m looking forward to checking it out – especially the book review on “groundbreaking food gardens”!

5. Chris Baswell says:

Sounds great, but is anyone else having trouble with the subscription page? I fill it out, but when I hit “Submit” I get a message “Submitting please wait” and then nothing further happens.

6. I’m excited about the new magazine from a great organization, but unfortunately I cannot seem to get the site to sign me on… and another friend says the same thing. For me it says the code is incorrect and for my friend it just keeps processing… any help would be appreciated!

7. Loretta DeMarco says:

Also cannot subscribe. Tried again this morning. The subscription site is still not working.

8. Ivette Soler says:

HOW AWESOME IT LOOKS!
    And with Susan Morrison at the helm, how can it not be fantastic?

9. So sorry folks are having problems signing up! Many new subscriptions are being received each day, so whatever is causing the problem isn’t consistent. You no longer need to enter a security password so hopefully that solves the problem for most. Fortunately, you don’t need to subscribe to read the magazine! Here is the link to the spring issue: http://issuu.com/apld/docs/apldthedesignerspring2014