Tune In

Cork-Popping and Other News

Hey folks!  I’ve been meaning to drop back in and explain my unexplained absence.  Well, now it’s official, and I can tell you:  I just signed a book deal with Houghton Mifflin Harcourt for a series of novels based on the true story of a woman in the early 1900s who, through a series of strange and interesting events, became one of the nation’s first female deputy sheriffs, and then went on to do other great things, including forming a detective agency with her sisters.  I’ve been absorbed in the research for two years, and now it’s official.

While I’m finishing the edits on the first book (called Girl Waits With Gun, scheduled for publication sometime in 2015) I am still on the road doing lots of Drunken Botanist events!    Check out all the 2014 dates here, and please do check back as things get updated. I’d like to add one more bit of good news: my good friend and book publicist Michael Taeckens has formed his own agency, so if you’re an author looking for the world’s greatest publicist, go have a look.

You probably won’t see me on GardenRant much this year in light of my novel-writing duties, but I hope to pop in from time to time.

Cheers and happy everything!

champagne image via Shutterstock

Posted by on February 8, 2014 at 5:23 am, in the category Tune In.

8 Responses to “Cork-Popping and Other News”

1. Lena says:

Congratulations Amy! Can’t wait to read your new book. I didn’t know about your traveling exhibits, they look great.

2. Frank Hyman says:

Congratulations! A lady detective agency this side of south Africa– Whoda thunk?

3. Sandra Knauf says:

Congratulations! Sounds like a fantastic series. I can see a TV show in your future . . . a female Sherlock Holmes?

4. commonweeder says:

If there is anything I like better than a beautiful and informative garden book, it is an exciting feminist book about crime! Sounds wonderful. I’m glad you didn’t tell us about this project until you could see the arrival of the first volume.

5. Laura Bell says:

Yay! Can’t wait. If I could pre-order it right now, I would!

6. michele says:

So glad for you!! I enjoyed your drinking book & I’m sure I’ll like the new series, as I’m a big fan of historical fiction!!

7. Carla says:

I just finished reading your book, “From the Ground Up: The Story of a First Garden” and absolutely loved it. So many things reminded me of my own first gardening experience. I know a fiction book from you will be just as much fun to read. Looking forward to the new book!