Grab Bag, Uncategorized

Potted dog, anyone?

Photo credit.   Via Cute Overload.

Posted by on September 6, 2012 at 10:11 am, in the category Grab Bag, Uncategorized.

14 Responses to “Potted dog, anyone?”

1. Steve A. says:

The brown of the variegated hound picks up on the warm tones of the pot and connect with the surroundings by matching the swaths of brown grass in the background. The result is a surprisingly effective combination.

2. Donna B. says:

oh the snoring that must come from that amazing beast. ♥

3. Susan says:

Did anyone else see the greeting card with a photo of a kitten sitting in a clay flowerpot? Inside it says, “For your birthday, I grew you a cat.” Love it!

• Sandy in TX says:

Little Sister sent me that one several years ago (she, Mother and I all being Cat Women) – Yes. Adorable.

4. Norma says:

Could I have a cutting, please? Or does it do better from seed?

• tropaeolum says:

Unfortunately, this species can get a little wild and crazy and be borderline invasive if allowed to reproduce. Most likely this lovely specimen has been sterilized as per recommendations. You can purchase plants from the same strain from expensive breeders or less expensive hybrids at places called “shelters” or “humane societies.”

5. Gail Carriveau says:

What are care instructions for over wintering?

• gemma says:

Treat like a tropical — bring indoors for the winter. Needs regular food and water year-round. But responds well to short stints outside on sunny days.

6. millie says:

oh so cute,where can I buy it and will it teach my own dogs to be so quite and lazy

7. Laura says:

Makes its own fertilizer and digs its own hole for planting.

8. Wendy Sykora says:

Was this staged – or did the dog figure it out for himself?

9. Bebe says:

Sheesh, what a life! In my next life, I want to be born as a dog on Nantucket (cliche), BUT, with the caveat that I spend my days with the human most likely to indulge me. :)