Everybody's a Critic

Speaking of TED Talks…

…as we were the other day…what do you people think about window farming?  Worthwhile?  Silly? Is this a lot of effort for a salad or a few strawberries? Or is it revolutionary?

\

Posted by on August 22, 2012 at 4:25 am, in the category Everybody's a Critic.

8 Responses to “Speaking of TED Talks…”

1. greg draiss says:

A little late to the game here on window farming. This is not a new thing. Great idea launched a few years back………….

The TROLL

2. BooksInGarden says:

Awesome. I have half an acre and do not have to “do windows”. But I am enthralled by people growing their own, cutting down on consumerism, adding oxygen to their apartment, etc.
    Yay.

3. The main point of this talk seemed to be the collaboration process, not the final product (window farms). Would I grow this way if it were my only choice? Yes. Do I like the way the product evolved? YES!!

4. Linda says:

Global collaboration with the intention of improving quality of life–good. Open source development of useful technology–good. Finally, passionate young people actively involved in gardening, no matter how little space they have–good. Who cares if they each only get one strawberry? They’re learning! And, my guess is, eventually they will teach us a thing or two. What’s not to like?

5. Gardener’s gotta do what a gardener’s gotta do, right? And I agree with other commenters that the spirit of the movement is what counts.

6. Sandra Knauf says:

It’s certainly revolutionary and heartening!

Go R & D.I.Y.ers!!!

7. James C. says:

It may only yield a few strawberries and tomatoes but as long as its an enjoyable process for the individual then that’s what matters. As a bonus it may even add character and life into the building as well increasing oxygen. A great idea and quite possibly revolutionary to those in urban areas who want to exercise their green thumbs.

Thanks,