Books, CRRRITIC

Seven Nature/Garden Ebooks for $1.99

Hey, good news! Algonquin Books has picked a whole bunch of garden and nature ebook titles for $1.99 for the entire month of July.   The list includes two books from Diana Wells–Lives of Trees and 100 Birds and How They Got Their Names–as well as three lovely escapist narratives:  The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating, Settled in the Wild, and the literary anthology The Writer in the Garden.

And a couple of my books are on the list–you can also get The Earth Moved or From the Ground Up for $1.99.

Remember that you don’t need a dedicated ebook reading device like a Kindle or a Nook.  You can also read ebooks on your laptop or desktop computer, or through an app on your smartphone, tablet, iPad, etc.

And you can buy the ebooks from a wide range of retailers, including Kobo, Google, Indiebound (the independent bookstore website), or Amazon or Barnes & Noble.  Just go here to see links to all of those options.

You can also give ebooks as gifts!  Just a thought.

I’m so pleased to see Algonquin continuing to experiment with ebook pricing.  These little themed promotions are such a great way to try out something new.   Please do spread the word, and if you like any of these books, I hope you’ll post a review on the site you purchased the book from, or recommend them to your friends.

Posted by on July 4, 2012 at 10:32 am, in the category Books, CRRRITIC.

6 Responses to “Seven Nature/Garden Ebooks for $1.99”

1. erin bailey says:

Wow, what a treat! I just bought half a dozen books. Thanks for the heads up.

2. Hetty says:

Unfortunately, I see much higher prices on the links. iBook doesn’t even have it.

3. Amy Stewart says:

Hi Hetty,

It’s possible that the sale prices are only good in the US. I’m not sure about that, but if you are somewhere else in the world, it may be that the sale isn’t happening there. I have checked the links and they all work for me….

Amy

4. Kay says:

THANK YOU AMY! I really appreciate how you let us know when these deals are happening… just bought half a dozen books, including one of yours. You rock!

5. Tempting, but I already have both of your mentioned books, Amy, and I’m not very excited yet about ebooks. I’m one of the Luddites that prefers to turn pages and hold down the spine. And anyway, there’s something less “gardeney” about reading about gardens from a screen.

6. Val says: