Uncategorized

NWF Abandons its Deal with Scotts

NwfCiting the supposedly unexpected guilty plea by Scotts, the National Wildlife Federation has announced that it's severing ties with Scotts. In not mentioning the overwhelming condemnation of the deal by their supporters, NWF leadership has chosen to behave dickishly even in defeat.

Posted by on January 29, 2012 at 4:02 pm, in the category Uncategorized.

14 responses to “NWF Abandons its Deal with Scotts”

1. Pam J. says:

I’ll join the chorus — dickishly! Love it. Congratulations to GRant and others who spoke up about this, forcing it to happen.

2. Laura Bell says:

With CindyP. NWF has to make some amends in more ways than dumping the mildly-wounded Scotts. They simply did what Newt Gingrich did with his 1st & 2nd wives – dump them when they get sick. Watch for lots of slick talk & PR blitzes coming from NWF in the next few weeks.

3. CindyP says:

NWF is going to have to do a lot more then this to regain any credibility in my eyes.

4. Jason Bittel says:

Ha, dickishly = apropos. NWF should stop taking its branding strategies from the Flintstones and the Jetsons.

Co-Brand At Your Own Risk: bit.ly/yY1REw

5. susan harris says:

Christopher, I know you CAN contain your excitement over “dickish” but if you’re having trouble, try substituting quiche for burgers. Keeps the testosterone in check.

6. UrsulaV says:

I happen to agree, but I’m also inclined to grit my teeth and praise them for pulling back from the brink. Positive reinforcement ought to work on corporations, since they’re people now, right?

7. Sorry but I have to add this:
    The creed of the dickish–never ever (ever!) admit you were wrong.

8. Steve says:

New “face,” new “leadership.” I think the NWF were right to sever ties.

Steve

9. I have to say that, whatever the reason, I am glad they severed ties. Thanks for keeping us informed about this travesty.

10. Susan I will try not to get excited over the use of such a sexist term as “dickishly”.

11. Genevieve says:

I’ll echo Tara. “Dickishly” is the perfect word to describe their entire handling of this.

12. Tara dillard says:

“Dickishly”, will love you forever for this word.

Garden & Be Well, Tara

13. Jason says:

You’re right, the lack of honesty in the break with Scotts indicates that NWF would still be pursuing this “partnership” if it hadn’t blown up in their faces. At the very least, NWF needs a new leadership team at the top if it is to regain any credibility.