Uncategorized

Worst Gardening Accident Ever

If there is a more painful and terrifying way to fall on your pruning shears, we don't want to know about it.

If you do not wish to see an x-ray and read a full account of what happened when this Arizona man fell in his garden, don't click this link.

He did survive.  We are grateful for that.

Posted by on August 30, 2011 at 5:03 pm, in the category Uncategorized.

8 responses to “Worst Gardening Accident Ever”

1. Deb says:

Yikes! I worked Emergency Depts for years and saw all sorts of things in all sorts of places, but never anything like this! 86 and still gardening AND having a girlfriend with her wits about her calling 911- that’s one lucky guy on all counts!

2. Omg what an amazing story. How he survived is beyond me, seems like gardening can be a pretty dangerous practice after all lol

3. I can’t. just can’t bring myself to do the ghoulish thing and click the link hope you were not dismembered

4. Deirdre says:

Note to self; keep shears away from face. Glad it worked out okay for the guy.

5. anne says:

I’m trying to imagine how he fell in such a way as to get the handle to go in like that! Were the shears sticking straight up or what? Must have been quite a fall, and he is a very lucky guy!

6. Jennifer says:

Perhaps someone should send the above link to the person who wrote the HuffPost article a week ago implying that gardening is for sissies… I think this gentleman proves you have to be pretty resilient!

The scary thing is I can understand exactly how he did it–having come close to impaling myself on garden stakes while tripping about in my own garden. *shudder*

7. I read this article earlier in the week and shuddered because, oh goodness that sounded terrible and a really close call.

That fella was lucky to have survived. REALLY lucky.

8. Kevin says:

Ok,

He wins. I though my accident was bad. Last summer. On chemo. IN the garden on hands and knees watering. I stand up. I black out. I wake up and I’m holding the hose over my nose and mouth, breathing in water.

It was the choking that woke me up.

But he wins. Absolutely.