Uncategorized

Here’s my answer to a day like today

Here's my answer to a day like today

Posted by on August 8, 2011 at 2:43 pm, in the category Uncategorized.

12 responses to “Here’s my answer to a day like today”

1. wendy says:

Chardonnay in my world. :-)

2. Leslie says:

Works for me too!

3. BooksInGarden says:

No way this kind of temporary, quick fix solution would have been advocated for a gardening problem. Let’s have some gardening in the topic instead of a message that says that alcohol is the answer to a problem day. Many of us stay away from toxic chemicals that disrupt our personal ecosystems. Puritanical? Possibly, we have found alcohol has done a lot of damage to us biologically and otherwise.

4. Kaviani says:

FANTASTIC gin choice! I was fully converted from Bombay after trying it once. Love!!

5. anne says:

1) I think the title to this post was “Here’s MY answer to a day like today” (capitals are mine), meaning Elizabeth’s answer.

2) From the picture with the lovely garden in the background, I interpreted her day to have been wonderful–warm and sunny, with lots of gardening activity–and the drink as celebratory :)

3)BooksInGarden, what’s your favorite post-gardening drink? I’m open to non-alcoholic beverages too. I’m not a gin drinker, but I favor a glass of wine or unsweetened ice tea (Earl Grey).

6. BooksInGarden says:

Anne, My favorite post gardening drink is a cup of hot tea if the weather is cool enough. However, this ex-pat Brit is planted in southern California so my usual drink is cold water with a sprig of a garden herb, usually mint.
    I expect that Amy Stewart’s new book will be featured in this column – which is cool her book, her group blog. For too many, however, the message that an alcoholic drink is an “answer to a day like today” will be read as I read it. Thank you for the perspective of a normal person.

7. anne says:

Understood, BooksInGarden :) and water is always good–Salud!

8. eliz says:

BooksinGarden,

Just to set the record straight, this is not Amy’s post. My personal blog is called gardening while intoxicated, and alcoholic drinks (which are all products of the earth in some way) have long been a part of my personal ecosystem. I often post about drinks in relation to the garden. I just didn’t want Amy to take the heat for something she had nothing to do with.

Elizabeth

9. Chellie says:

Mmmmmm spiced rum with fresh Mariposa plum juice from the orchard. My favorite, well after spiced rum with fresh apricot nectar.

10. Jenn says:

Ooo… let’s rant, shall we?

Because surely one gardener imbibing a bit of libation at the end of day is undeniably the coming of the apocolypse.

Yeesh!

11. James says:

Personally, I like to combine brewing and gardening.