Unusually Clever People

The Garden Bloggers Gather. And Blather.

A whole bunch of rambuncious garden bloggers (64, if I'm counting the blogroll right)  are convering on Seattle for the–what, third? fourth? fifth? annual gathering of garden bloggers?  Let's see, we had Austin, Chicago, Buffalo…I guess this is #4.

And I have yet to make it to one, but I love following along on Twitter.  It's #seattlefling – so check that out if you want to get some vicarious thrills.

It's a big job for a group of volunteers to put this thing together, and it's no small feat for the bloggers themselves to get on a plane and get out there.  I love the way this thing has come together in such a–shall I say–organic fashion over the last few years.

And there's a long list of sponsors who have chipped in to make it all possible, so do give them your thanks if you have the opportunity. You can find all of their links on the Fling website.

Posted by on July 20, 2011 at 10:29 am, in the category Unusually Clever People.

5 Responses to “The Garden Bloggers Gather. And Blather.”

1. Karla says:

I have yet to make it to one either–I’m much more likely to get to a Garden Writers shindig although I’ve missed the last two of those as well. Just not in the budget lately. But the networking and information at these sorts of things are invaluable. Enjoy folks!

2. Diana says:

Speaking from Austin, where we had the very first ever – it’s been a great ride. Each one has been fabulous and unique. I can’t wait for the #SeattleFling to start — we’ll be hanging with good friends, seeing amazing gardens and learning lots of new things. You should put the next one (wherever that might be) on your list for 2012! Or host it!

3. susan harris says:

Hey, I’ve been telling everyone the 2012 Fling will be in Asheville, thanks to, among others, Christopher C, a frequent commenter here. Hope that’s true – and not just because I’m repeating that rumor like I know what I talking about. Never been! Wanna go! College boyfriend lives there I want to see again! Enough exclamation points – I’ve gotta go pack for Seattle.

4. Laura Bell says:

Completely off topic … but did anyone else see that it is Gregor Mendel 189th birthday (according to Google) ? We gardeners owe a lot to him for his early research in genetics using peas. Wonder what he’d make of the GMO issues we see today ?

5. Deirdre says:

Pack a jacket. It’s cold here.