Who's Ranting About Us

Look who else has an anniversary

IGC

In the last post I mentioned the recent 5-year anniversary of a particular green roof and sure, we're all pro-green roof here.  But it reminded me that this very blog went online exactly 5 years ago yesterday.  It was fun in that very first week – back when we used tiny photographs, I notice – and it's still fun.  Thanks to my Sisters in Ranting and thanks to our wonderful readers and commenters!

To celebrate, let's remember the last time the four of us were together – in Chicago last summer, mouthing off while intoxicated – thanks to bartender Mike Nowak here.  Good times!

Photo by Kylee Baumle.

Posted by on June 14, 2011 at 12:38 pm, in the category Who's Ranting About Us.

13 Responses to “Look who else has an anniversary”

1. Amy Stewart says:

Five years?!?

That’s crazy! Where did it all go?

2. Paul Kelly says:

Congrats you guys on a great 5 year run! You’ve been at the forefront of the gardening spike we’ve all seen in the past few years. May each of you party hardy on your special day wherever you are!

3. Was this little get together before or after the radio show that went rogue? Five years? Don’t seem that long. It has been fun as a reader and commenter.

4. Congratulations on a great start. Wishing you many more years of success.

5. Sandra Knauf says:

Awwwwwww . . . love the picture. Happy anniversary and many more!

6. Debbie Fitch says:

Happy Anniversary and Thanks for your entertaining and informative blog. For those of us who are new to “Garden Rant”, it would be nice to know which of you is which in the photo. We know which one is the bartender.

7. susan harris says:

Debbie, you bet – and welcome to our blog! From left we’re Amy, Michele, Susan and Elizabeth.

8. naomi says:

Thanks for being here; you’re part of my morning ritual.

9. Michele Owens says:

Some partnerships just work.

10. Frank Hyman says:

Congratulations–five years is a good long run for a group venture. Y’all have done a great job. Thanks for the daily delight.

11. yolana says:

congrats on 5 years. I hope you’re around for many more.

12. commonweeder says:

I’m late catching up with congratulations, but I can tell you I have been enjoying your rants for three years. Before that I had never heard of a blog and you all continue to be an inspiration.