I Don't Have a Garden, but I Watch One on TV

One Worm, Free to a Good Home

This comes to us from David Perry, an amazing photographer of gardens and other assorted stuff (see his photographs and a project he's working on with Debra Prinzing on sustainable cut flowers here)

and–well–this is what David does in his spare time.  We pass it on to you.

Posted by on April 27, 2011 at 6:07 am, in the category I Don't Have a Garden, but I Watch One on TV.

13 Responses to “One Worm, Free to a Good Home”

1. Rather “Lynchian;” made me feel a bit squirmy. There are deeper things going on here, you know, than a guy just playing with a worm. Thumbs up.

2. Teri says:

Not the best thing to watch while sitting at work! Keeping the laughter under control was a bit painful! Very fun video though!

3. Katie says:

Awesome.

This reminds me of a story about taking a little drive shortly after I moved to southeastern North Carolina. Where people like the character in this video actually exist.

I read about this place called “worms and coffee” in the paper. Now, having just moved down from the hippie enclave of Burlington, VT, I thought “oh, this must be a cute little coffee shop.”

Needless to say, I was disappointed when we drove up to a bait shop with a bunn coffee maker. (1 hour away from us.)

4. Cynthia says:

Save Seymour!!!!!

5. We’ve been having some much needed rain here in northern Colorado. The upshot is that there have been worms on the concrete entry to the gym where I work out. I have amazed myself by overcoming the eeeeuuuuwwwwww factor to repatriate them to the nearby lawn. OK, so it’s not saving the planet, but I’m not a squiggly creatures person, so it’s kinda a big deal to me ;)

6. I just can’t understand why someone would give up such a lovely worm. Does he maybe have Verminophobia?

7. Laura says:

Is there a long application involved in adopting this worm? Do I have to show I’d be a good worm owner and provide references? How much is the adoption fee and is he potty trained?

8. Genevieve says:

AWWW! I’d take Seymour in a second – I have delicious soil – but I also have chickens. I’m afraid I’m not the best home for our squirmy friend.
    I’m with Cynthia – save Seymour!

9. Sarah says:

I think a video is a good excuse for not having to write an article.

10. What the hell was that?

11. commonweeder says:

Seymour is too far away for us to adopt – but we could have given him a good community to join. We even found lots of worms out in our field where we are putting in windbreak trees. It is that lack of pesticides and such that does it.