Uncategorized

Hey, Nice Present!

Artwork
Food writer and activist Kerry Trueman suggested that I send my book to the guys at the Hudson Valley Seed Library, which sells locally grown seeds.  I did, and in return, Doug Muller sent me the most beautiful seed packets I've ever seen.

I photographed the back of the 'Benning's Green Tint' pattypan squash package because it shows my favorite glow-in the-dark light green squash as a flying saucer.  That's how I've always thought of them, too. Delicious flying saucers.

Posted by on March 25, 2011 at 4:56 am, in the category Uncategorized.

6 responses to “Hey, Nice Present!”

1. anne says:

Beautiful, fun packets! Collectible, even; you could frame them like wine labels. Looks like they are carefully folded to be recloseable too.

2. rainymountain says:

Anne has said it all; they are a delight.

3. I spent a half hour yesterday just looking at all the designs–WOW! I love it.

4. Loretta DeMarco says:

Hudson Seed Library was at the Philadelphia Flower Show this year. You should have seen those seed packets all laid out before your eyes. I was in seed heaven. I bought two things I haven’t tried before – Aunt Molly’s Ground Cherry and Bridge To Paris Sweet Pepper.

5. greg draiss says:

Ken Greene has done a wonderful job with the seed library. Hudson Valley Seed Library art packs are selling quite well in our Kingston Location. The seed packs are designed by local (NY) artists. Each year he takes calls for designs and has a “party” per se’ to announce the following years art packs.
    Thank you for supporting this endeavor. I have been promoting HV Seed Library for a year now…………..

The TROLL

6. Katie says:

VERY cool! I went on and bought the 2011 pack. I have no idea what I’m getting, but I look forward to it. Thank you for sharing!