Uncategorized

Best Chicken Blog Ever

If you are at all amused by backyard chickens, you must immediately begin reading Scratch and Peck, a totally delightful chicken blog by children's book illustrator Lauren Scheuer. What joy!  What wit! And her illustrations are — well, fantastic and perfect in every way.  Scratch and Peck should be a book, but instead it's a blog, which means that you can go there right this second and indulge in chicken adoration without delay.  Go ahead–you can thank me later.

Posted by on January 26, 2011 at 7:46 am, in the category Uncategorized.

12 responses to “Best Chicken Blog Ever”

1. Laura Bell says:

Enchanting !

The illustrations are charming, the text is easy to read, like a good poem … or, yes, a children’s book. Another blog to follow. This keeps up I’ll soon have no time for actual work !

2. Cindy P says:

Thank you for this! I just spent a very enjoyable lunch break reading Scratch and Peck from the beginning. Now I have chicken lust again!

3. juniper gardener says:

I loved it! Thank you for recommending it.

4. Daryl says:

Thanks so much for the heads up. I’ve been a “chicken mom” for more than 2 decades, and she’s got it so very right.

5. Thank you for the very sweet break from the daily grind. I want chickens again too!

6. lauren scheuer says:

Amy! Thank you so much for the wonderful review! Makes me want to sit down right now and write a million more blogposts!
    Lauren,
    ScratchandPeck

7. Deirdre says:

I will check it out. Have you ever been to the Coop de Grace site? She does a cartoon every Friday about her chickens. It’s very funny. http://coopdegrace.com/

Let’s hear more about your chickens, too.

8. Kay says:

It is later – Thank you, thank you! What a delight!

9. Genevieve says:

I am crying that is so funny. Thank you so much. I don’t know how you found this treasure of a blog but I am reading every last page.

10. marlene says:

Love it! I have the same breeds of chickens as she does, so it’s like watching my girls.

And I do think that one of the funniest things ever is to watch a chicken encounter snow for the very first time.

11. You have to check out the HenCam – http://www.hencam.com/

this is very funny.

12. I don’t know whether I should admit it, at least in this crowd, but well… here goes: I have no strong feelings about actual chickens either way. However, Lauren Scheuer’s “girls” are a delight, from their heart-shaped butts to the tips of their quirky personalities. More, please. Oh and please make it into a book.