Uncategorized

First-ever rap video about organic dairy farming

This rap commercial for an organic dairy in England is great – except for one flaw that I couldn't stop noticing.  The female in the video looks like a model, not someone you can imagine getting dirty, like the outdoorsy-looking men.  Via Grist.

Posted by on November 5, 2010 at 6:51 pm, in the category Uncategorized.

14 responses to “First-ever rap video about organic dairy farming”

1. Just to reiterate, and to congratulate those who share equally the trivial observations..Lets plant some tulips of force others in celebration.

2. Christy says:

I disagree – I love the fact the woman has “model” good looks. I’m bored with the whole cliche that if you’re fashionable with nice hair and wear make-up you’re not green-worthy or couldn’t possibly be interested in organic gardening. Ugh.

I just interviewed a young woman where I work. She had arguably model good looks and was arguably fashionable. When she finished her apple, she asked about the remaining core, “Where can I put this for composting?”

3. emily says:

I was so intrigued, I checked out Yeo’s web site where, among other things, they have a video about the making of this commercial.
    Oh, and the owl’s name is Ted.

4. I can’t even eat dairy, and I loved that.

5. lifeshighway says:

Yeo Valley, I loved it! Fancy tractor moves.

6. Liisa says:

That was wonderful. And for all the comments about the “farmers” not looking real… who cares? I know what cow poop looks like — I’d rather see clean-cut guys making farming look sexy. 😉

7. Michelle D says:

Yeo Yeo Valley,
    The owl’s neck moves were the best.
    yeo.

8. Hap says:

All I can think is fancy fashion leather boots in a cow barn is a bad idea…

9. There’s nothing hotter than seeing young men respect Mother Nature.

10. Great vid!

Why CAN’T a hot looking woman get dirty!????

I do!

11. I enjoyed the owl inner city youth neck movement and the low rider tractor moves.

Yep. A fat, ugly madam, bra burner from Appalachia would have been more credible.

Which bring this inquiry:
    Why have I not found a BLACK blog about gardening, horticulture or anything related NOT ONE. I four years.

12. Fiona says:

The dancing owl really makes the whole thing for me.

13. Kari Lonning says:

This is just too funny. WHAT a treat, and clever marketing!