Uncategorized

First-ever rap video about organic dairy farming

This rap commercial for an organic dairy in England is great – except for one flaw that I couldn't stop noticing.  The female in the video looks like a model, not someone you can imagine getting dirty, like the outdoorsy-looking men.  Via Grist.

Posted by on November 5, 2010 at 6:51 pm, in the category Uncategorized.

14 Responses to “First-ever rap video about organic dairy farming”

1. Kari Lonning says:

This is just too funny. WHAT a treat, and clever marketing!

2. Fiona says:

The dancing owl really makes the whole thing for me.

3. I enjoyed the owl inner city youth neck movement and the low rider tractor moves.

Yep. A fat, ugly madam, bra burner from Appalachia would have been more credible.

Which bring this inquiry:
    Why have I not found a BLACK blog about gardening, horticulture or anything related NOT ONE. I four years.

4. Great vid!

Why CAN’T a hot looking woman get dirty!????

I do!

5. There’s nothing hotter than seeing young men respect Mother Nature.

6. Hap says:

All I can think is fancy fashion leather boots in a cow barn is a bad idea…

7. Michelle D says:

Yeo Yeo Valley,
    The owl’s neck moves were the best.
    yeo.

8. Liisa says:

That was wonderful. And for all the comments about the “farmers” not looking real… who cares? I know what cow poop looks like — I’d rather see clean-cut guys making farming look sexy. ;-)

9. lifeshighway says:

Yeo Valley, I loved it! Fancy tractor moves.

10. I can’t even eat dairy, and I loved that.

11. emily says:

I was so intrigued, I checked out Yeo’s web site where, among other things, they have a video about the making of this commercial.
    Oh, and the owl’s name is Ted.

12. Christy says:

I disagree – I love the fact the woman has “model” good looks. I’m bored with the whole cliche that if you’re fashionable with nice hair and wear make-up you’re not green-worthy or couldn’t possibly be interested in organic gardening. Ugh.

I just interviewed a young woman where I work. She had arguably model good looks and was arguably fashionable. When she finished her apple, she asked about the remaining core, “Where can I put this for composting?”

13. Just to reiterate, and to congratulate those who share equally the trivial observations..Lets plant some tulips of force others in celebration.