Uncategorized

London Calling!

WickedukI'm off for my first-ever overseas book tour for the UK edition of Wicked Plants, published by Timber UK.  As of this writing the details are still being firmed up, so please do check with the venue before you book your plane ticket and fly to London.

Or–you know.  Get on the tube or whatever.

The UK edition is pretty similar to the US, except that they changed the subtitle, what with Lincoln's mother not being as meaningful to the UK audience, and I think we tweaked a few things in the introduction.  Otherwise, it was a pretty global book already, so I think it'll work out fine in the UK market.

Anyway, here's what I know about the schedule so far–but definitely double-check and get starting times from the venues:

Tues Oct 26 – The Eden Project, Cornwall

Thurs Oct 28 – Chelsea Physic Garden

Thurs Oct 28- London Review Bookshop

Fri Oct 29 – Kew Gardens

Fri Oct 29 – Queens Park Books

Sat Oct 30 – Petersham Nurseries, Surrey, and The Garden Museum

Sun Oct 31 – RHS Wisley

Posted by on October 20, 2010 at 5:12 am, in the category Uncategorized.

15 responses to “London Calling!”

1. Tara Dillard says:

CONGRATULATIONS !!! Break a leg…..

Please, a favor, take lots of pics at Petersham Nurseries then blog about it when you’re home.

Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

2. shira says:

Need an assistant to shelp around your books?

3. lifeshighway says:

Good luck, and have fun.

4. Yay! I love your book so much, and won’t shut up about it to my friends! Try to have fun despite all the stress that often accompanies these tours…

5. Suzanne says:

How exciting for you Amy. Have a safe trip. I’m anxious to hear about all the London gardens. Does this mean no cocktail hour this week?

6. VP says:

Too bad you’ll be nowhere near where I am in the UK, else I’d have come to say hi. Hope you enjoy it over here – you’ll be well looked after at the places you’re going to.

7. YES! Bringing American style garden writing to the U.K.! Show ’em how the good ones rock it, Amy.

8. Yes, congrats, and have a wonderful time there! I too would like to see what Petersham is like. Chelsea Physic is amazing. I was there once when a garden club was going through — a garden club that had been in existence for 100 years.

9. Charlotte says:

Great news Amy and hope your tour is a success! You’re certainly covering some ground on that trip …. and it’s snowing here!

10. Have a Guinness and fish/chips in my HONOR. Or better yet, one of those rare single malts…and a cigar from anyjuer.

11. Matt says:

Take lots of pictures at Petersham! I want to see the ins and outs of all their greenhouses. Buy something there too while you’re at it.

12. NoCal native gardener says:

great that we are sharing one of California’s treasures with the rest of the world. Will you be meeting up with Andrea Wulf, your only peer IMHO when it comes to garden writing? or Anna Pavord?

13. Sabrina says:

Wow! This is really exciting for you. Have fun and good luck!

14. Sally says:

Wow! It looks pretty full. When are you going to get to see the rest of the country? (lol) I know that you will have a good time and that you will come back and share all the fun details with us. I will be looking forward to it. Be safe.

15. Layanee says:

I have been to Eden Project and Wisley and they are unbelievable gardens. Make sure you have time to wander….