Uncategorized

The Foodmap Container at IGC

Hip, industrial-looking, retail for under $200. cool, huh?

The Foodmap Container at IGC

The Foodmap Container at IGC

Posted by on August 18, 2010 at 10:37 am, in the category Uncategorized.

13 responses to “The Foodmap Container at IGC”

1. It looks like they’ve just converted some hospital baby bassinets.

2. Ray Eckhart says:

Um, couldn’t you throw something as simple as that together by hitting a couple of yard sales?

3. Laura Bell says:

Huh. Could be useful for deck/patio gardeners certainly. Or those who want herbs, etc in the midst of winter, but don’t always want to see that indoor garden.

But I see it more as being a wonderful boon to disabled & homebound gardeners who still want to garden, but simply can’t get to the garden. Could be therapeutic & life-extending, bringing back a joyful part of their lives feared lost forever. I’ve actually been looking for something like this for my Mom, a lifelong gardener now tethered to the house by an oxygen tank. It would definitely lift her spirits.

4. ~Deirdre says:

Where’s the map?

5. anne says:

What strikes me is the portability; the container garden ON WHEELS. You could move the garden around with the sunlight, which might be useful if all you have is a tiny patio or balcony to garden on with limited exposure. If there’s a heat wave, you can move it into the shade temporarily; or even move it so half is in shade, half in the sun, depending on what you’re growing in there. Heck, when you go on vacation, you could wheel the garden to your neighbor’s to care for while you’re gone! I like this idea.

6. Michelle says:

I like the idea, but it’s white. White plus dirt. It’s going to get grubby-looking in a hurry and end up in a landfill. Plus it’s plastic, and plastic doesn’t age well.

7. Pat T says:

Just under $200? It’s cool, but not THAT cool.

8. anne says:

Plastic, metal or fiberglass?

9. Stacy says:

I agree that this kind of thing is a real boon for those with limited mobility. I’ve seen more decorative models for around $500.

10. trey says:

$200? You have got to be kidding? Why is it called a “food map” container?

11. greg draiss says:

Way over priced…no self watering ability. Poor drainage aspects as well……….

I know ‘cuz I’m there and i am

THE TROLL

12. I love the idea of having wheels under it. It makes it flexible and mobile. However, I believe you can easily make your own version for just a quarter of the price.

13. luise h. says:

Ouch,just under $200 ?
    I like the idea,but not at that price.