Uncategorized

Snap and Shape at IGC

For $10–would you want to snap a plastic thingie around your peppers an tomatoes to get hearts et al?

Snap and Shape at IGC

Snap and Shape at IGC

Posted by on August 18, 2010 at 10:16 am, in the category Uncategorized.

18 responses to “Snap and Shape at IGC”

1. Tamra says:

NO! That is just wrong. Growing your own veggies, is about eating real food. Those do not look real. I wonder how much the veggie heats up inside that thing? Would it encourage disease? Even if it would protect my tomatoes from being eaten by chipmunks, which it looks like it would, I still no find it creepy.

2. Amy says:

that’s just silly! Also – I totally don’t want to limit the size of my tomatoes.

3. Stacy says:

No. It reeks of marketing/point-of-purchase/impulse buy and nothing else. It’s the kind of thing you would never know you “needed” until you saw a cute display in a store and suddenly “had” to have one, because “OMG, I’ve never seen anything like that before!” Creating a sense of need where none existed before is the essence of (the wrong kind of) marketing: commodification for its own sake, with nothing valuable to offer in exchange. Not that I have strong feelings about it or anything.

4. Michelle says:

Hey, how about we take these fossils that are millions of years old, and turn them into a product that will go into the trash in six months? Brilliant!

5. Helen says:

Hmm, not hearts. I think cubes would be fun though.

6. The only circumstance under which I could imagine buying a product like that would be if A) they came in shapes inappropriate for children, and B) I was planning a bachelorette party.

7. Laura Bell says:

Something I might try in my school garden, but not at home. The kids would surely get a kick out of it. I could also see it used by those who supply a lot of veggies to caterers & restaurants that want a special look for various events. It’s not a new idea – hasn’t Japan done something like this for years with melons & such to make them easier to pack ? And some books on gourds demonstrate various ways to create your own veggie molds.

Not new or novel – unless it goes mass-market.

8. Ray Eckhart says:

A bridge party with a spades, hearts, clubs, and diamonds crudité platter might be fun. Actually, any weirdly shaped veggie garnish would be cause for comment. Ok, yes, I confess, I’d like to try it out.

9. DB says:

I’ve always liked these types of kitchy things like a cucumber grown in a coke bottle. But 10 dollars for basically a chocolate mold? How many do you get for $10?

10. I have no objection to it. If it floats your boat, go for it. It does however reek of a gardener with way too much time on their hands.

11. greg draiss says:

It is not $10 each They are a buck each and the current show special is 80 cents each……..

I know ‘cuz I’m there and I am

THE TROLL

12. Turning Japanese I think I’m turning Japanese I really think so.

13. Kaviani says:

Spot on, Tamra- they totally look like they encourage fungal diseases.

14. Li'l Ned says:

That’s just mean.

15. Vicki Teague-Cooper says:

yeah, what Li’l Ned said:
    that’s just mean!

Like veggie foot binding!

and PLASTIC?!just going entirely in the wrong direction…

16. donna says:

i think it would be fun, but not for $10. $1, maybe, for the right shape.

jeez, it’s just for a couple vegetables, not an entire plot. but yes, it is useless plastic frippery, and all those useless little plastic bobbles do add up. got it.