Unusually Clever People

In Which GardenRant Explores Its Near-Limitless Powers

We challenged Timber staff to read our bawdy hymenoptera limericks inspired by Eric Grissel's new book BEES, WASPS, AND ANTS and post the video online.

Then we decided they should wear bee suits while reading the limericks.

And look!  They went for it! Those Timber people will do ANYTHING!

Hmmmm–what should we make them do next?

Posted by on August 13, 2010 at 11:49 am, in the category Unusually Clever People.

15 Responses to “In Which GardenRant Explores Its Near-Limitless Powers”

1. anne says:

Oh man, that’s so great! The bee costume tops it all! I can’t wait to get the book, too :)

2. John says:

I can’t tell you how much fun this is!!!!!!!! Since one of my limericks was read I will be linking to this and sending it to every single person I know. I am thrilled!!

3. Layanee says:

Very good fun! Love them all and TP (not toilet paper) did a great job.

4. Oh. My. God. Now I wish I worked there.

5. You can make summer interns do anything.

6. anne says:

Do you think we could get them to do a little mini-rock opera involving hymenoptera in the garden? I think I would actually pay to go see that….

7. Thank you, I needed that!

8. Li'l Ned says:

As one of my favorite heroines would say (Claire Fraser in the the Diana Gabaldon books), “Jesus H. Roosevelt Christ on a Piece of Toast!” This is so wonderful I can hardly sit still.

Tell those kewl dudes at Timber Press that I am now going to order a copy of every single book they publish RIGHT NOW!!!!!! And here I thought publishers were a stuffy lot.

Love the idea of a mini-rock opera. For lyrics, you can do a lot with bees alone, much less the entire order (of hymenoptera). A friend and I once spent days coming up with bee diseases, ie leubemia ….. yellow beever …… tubeeculosis ……..

9. Total awesomeness. They are now officially my favorite publisher.

10. Oh, you are too cruel. LOL.

11. I just loved the video. These guys at Timber rock. Will definitely get their book. I voted for the bee suit and they were great sports.

12. rainymountain says:

LOL What a cool set at Timber Press – that was great. To read some of those limericks with panache is an art.

13. Benjamin says:

As a pracitcing poet performer, I’d have to give that an 11/10 for the costume.

14. Season Mention,several know seem smile study thin track boat gate importance inside technical open area unable imply hope all accept executive personal parent affair count club career traffic victim hard die step acid national increased thanks husband useful at selection fly through meeting leg extremely lead copy defence news directly follow right plastic soft physical with manner language prospect measure state nearly farmer desk no-one too order quite fast what beginning welcome spend presence have man criminal drive talk indeed wide fund wonderful star next enterprise roof election publish bedroom