It's the Plants, Darling

Now Perfuming the Neighborhood…

IMG_3364

You can't walk past my house now without being nearly knocked over by the scent of my 'Casablanca' lilies.

I like to think I'm altering the mood here in Saratoga Springs, inspiring peace, love, and sex in all passersby.

Posted by on July 23, 2010 at 8:48 am, in the category It's the Plants, Darling.

12 Responses to “Now Perfuming the Neighborhood…”

1. Mimi says:

Wow, those lilies look amazing! The smell must be intoxicating.

2. Thanks for the reminder. I really need to plant some of them!

3. angelchrome says:

I cannot be the only person who thinks lilies smell vile. Look beautiful, smell like decay.

4. Laura Munoz says:

Wish we could grow those here!

5. Mag says:

I love the way you are thinking. There is nothing nicer than pretty smelling flowers growing in my neighborhood.

6. carpetbag_garden says:

If you don’t like the smell of lilies, plant something like tuberoses.

Personally, I think lily scent wafting through the summer air is divine.

7. Layanee says:

Romance is in the air!

8. gardengeri says:

Love your photo~! One year I had to “stake” my Casablanca Lilies by tying them into the low hanging branches of the River Birch they were planted under- like 7 feet tall and FRAGRANT!

9. Martha MacBurnie says:

Do any of you have problems with lily leaf beetles? Other than vigilance & squishing, has anyone found a remedy? They have DECIMATED my lily collection.

10. James says:

We love going green and believe everyone should start to grow their own food. Its a much better way to stay healthy and to create less carbon emissions. I love Romain Lettuce. There are also some fruit trees that are great to grow. Very Easy. Also if interested check out this cheap plant store online. http://plantaestore.com/

Cheap Everything and even a FREE PLANT!!

11. Lisa, Ontario says:

I also can not stand the smell of lilies. We were at Longwoods for Lilypoluza, if I had a puffer I would have been using it. I remained inside as long as I could for my honey, but I got woozy and had to get out. I love lilies, but only plant the non scented kind. Otherwise I do hunt for the scented flowers.

12. Muriel Jamison says:

I raise both orientals and asiatics… can’t find any fragrance from any of them..is it my nose??? I can smell most things a mile off…not my lilies.