Michelle Obama's Favorite Flowers for Arrangements
This story is packed with juicy nuggets for us gardeners:
- The floral preferences of the Obamas.
- White House Floral Designer Laura Dowling's "garden" style. It's more relaxed, with lots of unexpected touches.
- The exciting Top Florist-type competition for the job.
- The role of flowers in the lives of everyone living in and visiting the White House. Like the "transition of flowers" on Inauguration Day, and a floral gift of friendship to Carla Bruni-Sarkozy.
- How floral design at the White House has changed over the years.
- Dowling's bio, including years in Paris and a high-powered Capitol Hill husband.
Garden designers and gardeners alike are happily predicting a similar transformation in the gardens around the White House – because it's high time. Click here to see why.Posted by Susan Harris on July 2, 2010 at 7:08 am, in the category Uncategorized.