Uncategorized

My Yard Is A Circus

IMG_3125

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

IMG00070-20100424-1258

Posted by on April 25, 2010 at 5:09 am, in the category Uncategorized.

13 responses to “My Yard Is A Circus”

1. Jay Chua says:

Hey Michelle,

I like how you describe your yard.. “circle” is a good word to use :)

I always feel that front yard decoration is an ART as your visitors will normally walk away with their first impression when visiting you. How you display your flowers, benches all need to be in line with your outdoor charm.

I guess a cast iron glider will always be in style, or perhaps a wooden swing right next to your front door entrance.

Jay

2. Rachael says:

love it! my favorite time of year is right when all the colors become overgrown :)

3. Such a nice surroundings, very beautiful garden, the house looks historic but still beautiful.

Mitch

4. Karen B. says:

I am noticeably more cheerful than I was before I saw these pictures. Thank you!

5. Ailsa says:

Deirdre,

I’ll jump in to tell you the yellow euphorbia is Euphorbia polychroma or cushion spurge.

And I agree; what a gorgeous porch, house and neighbourhood.

6. Michele Owens says:

Deidre, it’s just euphorbia polychroma, or cushion spurge. I love euphorbias, but most of them are not hardy where I live.

7. Town Mouse says:

Wonderful! And they are performing just for you!

8. Marie says:

It’s SO nice to see a circus sans elephants and tigers :-)

9. Sheila says:

Your house could not be more charming!

10. Deirdre says:

My 1916 house came with a porch. I love it. The neighbors walk by with their dogs or their children, say hello, comment on the garden. It’s so old fashioned and neighborly. Doesn’t a reading lamp attract bugs?

I’ve been seeing that yellow euphorbia lately. Do you know it’s name. I need to find a place for some.

11. Michele Owens says:

Susan, Saratoga Springs has a big porch culture. People put reading lamps on their porches, have drinks out there. It’s a really nice thing.

12. susan harris says:

Your porch with chairs and even an old swing looks SO inviting!