Ministry of Controversy

Another rider mower DWI

And I must report it is in my own neck of the
woods
: Lancaster, an eastern suburb of Buffalo.

It’s interesting though—in a gruesome kind of way—that lawn
mowers are even occasionally used as alternative transportation—I have seen reports like this a few times, and I don't intentionally search for them. The person in
question had a revoked license and perhaps thought (incorrectly) that he’d be
fine with the mower, so he was driving it right down a public
right-of-way.

I’m kind of doubting it was electric …

Posted by on March 30, 2010 at 10:00 am, in the category Ministry of Controversy.

8 Responses to “Another rider mower DWI”

1. Mary says:

The county to the west of me here in Florida is well-known for this. You may see a grand assortment of mowers parked outside the local taverns.

2. angelchrome says:

I’ve got a neighbour who rides his mower all summer long. Sometimes he has a trailer on it, so maybe he’s got a lawn business, but you can reliably expect to hear him coming home around 8 on summer evenings on his little riding mower.

3. Seems pretty funny in a sad sort of way. I wouldn’t expect them to get very good gas mileage though.

4. LM says:

We actually had a double fatality on a scooter the driver was drunk, his passenger who was 25 wks pregnant died along the her baby. Talk about stupidity!

5. That reminds me, I haven’t watched “The Straight Story” for a long time. It’s great for anyone who has ever thought about using a lawnmower as alternate transportation.

6. Lisa, Ontario says:

What I find odd is that I can walk faster than a lot of these lawn mowers. Why not just walk?

7. Rosella says:

Walk? Walk? And not use gas? Why?

8. Elizabeth says:

Oh this really brings to mind the rumor about Tanya Tucker taking Glen Campbell’s car keys so he wouldn’t go to the bar. Supposedly he fired up the ole John Deere and went anyway. Why drive when you can take the riding mower, indeed. ;)