Uncategorized

Calling all Garden Speakers!

If you are a garden writer, floral designer, landscape designer, nature or conservation expert, or anyone else who speaks to garden clubs, botanical gardens, horticulture conferences, and other such venues–we want to hear from you!

I'm working with a group of speakers to explore the possibility of creating a website to make it easier for garden clubs and other groups to find speakers.  The first step is a survey to see how interested speakers are in this idea.

Go here to take the survey, and please do pass it on.

Posted by on February 21, 2010 at 11:16 am, in the category Uncategorized.

11 responses to “Calling all Garden Speakers!”

1. Katie says:

This would be WONDERFUL. Thanks, ladies, for working on this.

It is ABOUT TIME! (That someone did it. *ahem* Too bad our professional industry group did not.)

I took the survey, and I’m 100% up for helping. PLEASE contact me if you want any help at all! :)

2. I took the survey. Thanks Amy, Debra, MA, et.al for pulling this together! H.

3. Jane Gates says:

I think this is a fine idea. Hope it grows nicely! Jane

4. You ladies are awesome!!

Thanks, luv!!!

5. Barbara says:

Fabulous. We all have specialties and preferred venues and places.

6. greg draiss says:

I have done more speaking this year than ever with 15 lectures in the last 10 weeks! I have a new position with my company which is Mon-Fri! I can no do more talks all year round. After 25 years of nights and weekends!

The TROLL

7. Amy, This is a great idea. I’m here to tell you that speaking to gardeners is great fun. For instance, last week I spoke to an enthusiastic bunch of master gardeners in Gainesville. You know it’s a good group when some of them have rosemary sprigs sticking from their pockets and bags. (They’d just taken a propagation class.)

I’ve filled up my calendar with speaking events all over Florida this spring (and last fall) to promote my book while it’s new. It’s a lot of work, but a lot of fun. I’m expecting to be a one-hit-wonder, though, and will probably not do this again. But if “things” change a few years down the road, I’d be quite interested in this program.

P.S., I really enjoyed your presentation in Palm Beach two weeks ago.

8. Old Kim says:

The public doesn’t want to pay you for speaking. They want to be paid for listening.
    Survey says

9. Kathy Green says:

I think this is a great idea. One comment for you on the survey. How does Colorado fall into “Mid-America” when the states above and below it (Wyoming and New Mexico) are listed in the west???? Sorry, but being from Colorado, this makes me laugh and sigh at the same time.

10. Amy Stewart says:

Kathy–We just copied the Garden Writers Association’s regions. It’s just a way to make sure we get responses to our survey from around the country–it serves no purpose beyond that. Not intended to imply anything about growing conditions, culture, general amiability between states, or, for that matter, geography.

11. a website to make it easier for garden clubs and other groups to find speakers!!!gentlegardener is there! teaching master gardeners this spring before budget cuts obliterate the program in VA. #in