But is it Art?

How to pet your toad

Via a site you are all probably familiar with, Icanhazcheezburger. I have always longed for a toad and maybe a couple of newts for my pond area, but they don't seem to hang out here naturally, and if I bought them from the pet store, then I would have the winter maintenance trauma. (I'm already afraid to ask my friend who is keeping my fish if they are still alive.)

Austin gardeners, I know, are lucky enough to have lots of cute toads.

Posted by on January 26, 2010 at 5:26 am, in the category But is it Art?.

12 Responses to “How to pet your toad”

1. Lisa, Ontario says:

Oh, I never thought to pet my toads. That lightened my day already. Very funny. Thank you for this.

2. joey says:

I’m in love … one of the cutest toads I’ve ever seen!

3. Aww… I love toads. Except last spring when they decided to bury themselves among my aeonium seedlings. But even then they were cute. Unlike rabbits or deer.

4. How odd that toads don’t hang around your garden. I have an abundance of toads, but I’ve never thought to pet one. Usually it hops off quickly after I shriek from almost stepping on it.

5. Pam says:

I didn’t know that toads could be so cute. And lovable!

6. angelchrome says:

I’ve got toads, but I don’t pet them. They are as welcome as can be in my garden though, I’ve got slugs enough to feed them all.

7. Eliz says:

MMD, you are practically in the country compared to me. We don’t have that type of wildlife where I am–

8. Wow, we have the cutest wild toads here in the Children’s Garden at Lewis Ginter, but they won’t let you pet them! They are happy to be caught, chased and set free again though!

9. Michelle says:

That was shockingly cute! :D

10. Rosella says:

Toadie for! I don’t haz no toads though, but if I did I would definitely pet them.

11. Layanee says:

Who knew they liked to be pet?

12. Lots of toads here, but I never tried to pet one. Pretty funny.~~Dee