Uncategorized

Now, that’s a tomato cage!

For demo only. Dare to dream.Now, that's a tomato cage!

Posted by on August 19, 2009 at 11:13 am, in the category Uncategorized.

9 responses to “Now, that’s a tomato cage!”

1. Lene says:

That should realy be the standard size! I never could figure out what those small ones were good for – when you grow tomatoes.

2. Ed Bruske says:

That’s nothing. My cages are made of 9-foot lengths of concrete reinforcing wir–the kind with 6-inch squares–rolled into tubes. They’re five feet high, but you can also get them 7 feet. Very inexpensive and easy.

3. Elizabeth Eisenmann says:

I have puny 3-foot tall cages–which I plan to wire together next year.

4. commonweeder says:

I’ve got two sizes of cage, but neither did me any good this year. The late blight took 6 of my beautiful plants.

5. Leslie says:

Those small standard cages are really only good for peppers or eggplant.

6. Rebecca says:

And that is why I opt to use bamboo and some all natural twine. Toss the twine in the compost bin at the end of summer and reuse the poles. I do wish I had initially invested in the larger poles though. Some of them have bent dangerously under the {Awesome!} weight of fruit.

7. greg draiss says:

we sold yellow, blue, red cages made of heavy steel, 60″ tall for $8 and sold every one of them

The TROLL

8. SJ says:

I saw neon colored cages at the show – they were pretty cool.

I suggested to one vendor that he should have a line where they’re flipped upside down, with pins and have the ends curled under like ribbon.

9. Melanie says:

Is this a new idea in the US? We have had these in Australia for years. They’re the only way to grow tomatoes – as long as you remember to put them the right way up. I used mine upside down until someone pointed out the error of my ways…they work much better now!