Bloom Day

For Bloom Day, Picasa!

Export1
Pretty plants here include, left to right, squash, garden phlox, petunias with sweet potato vine, and Hakonechloa Grass over a skirt of epimedium.

But for sheer excitement nothing beats discovering a much, much easier way to organize and edit photos than Photoshop Elements ever was or could be for me.  And on top of its ease of use, there's the total FUN of its instant collages, like the one you see here.  It's Picasa 3 for me now, and thanks to Amy and Xris for suggesting it.  It's even free!

Over on my blog I'm breaking the Bloom Day rules and extolling the virtues of the doublefile viburnum's berries.

Posted by on July 15, 2009 at 4:00 am, in the category Bloom Day.

11 responses to “For Bloom Day, Picasa!”

1. ~~Rhonda says:

Love the petunias with the sweet potato vine. Beautiful combo! ~~Rhonda

2. Rosella says:

Just put Picasa 3 on my Mac, but haven’t yet had a chance to get to know it. Thanks for the heads-u though — last time I looked they didn’t have a version for us Mac rebels.

My squash are producing more blossoms than squash — I must go look for that recipe for stuffed squash blossoms!

3. Beautiful pics and thanks for the heads up on Picasa!

4. eliz says:

I am faithful to Photoshop (the full version) but that collage is excellent. What I AM kicking myself about is not doing the sweet potato/purple petunia this year.

5. Kristin says:

Wonderful collage. My husband installed Picasa on our computers and so far I don’t like it. With your suggestion, I’ll have to give it another chance!

6. commonweeder says:

I got lost in Picasa once. I’m going to have to try again. I’ve got lots of bloom right now. Not compared to Carol at May Dreams Garden, but compared to my usual bloom. I love July.

7. Dave says:

Picasa is great! I love that Forest Grass, I planted two this year near a Japanese maple.

8. I’ve seen Picasa but have not tried it yet. Don’t know what I’ve been waiting for. Love that combo with the petunias — really makes them pop.

9. Gail says:

The collages are fun…I saw a great recipe for stuffed squash blossoms! gail

10. I love that you have a squash bloom, and I should try out Picasa 3, too.

11. Love the blue Petunias with the chartreuse Sweet Potato Vine. I get that combination in Tradescantia ‘Sweet Kate’, but earlier in the year.