It's the Plants, Darling, Real Gardens

Minimalism is great in art and music,

IMG_0321_2

but not tulips.
IMG_0344_2

Posted by on May 5, 2009 at 9:25 am, in the category It's the Plants, Darling, Real Gardens.

12 responses to “Minimalism is great in art and music,”

1. Diane says:

Oh, poor lonely tulip!

2. Michelle says:

Thank you for the LOL! I had to share the joke with a coworker who wondered what I was guffawing at. 😀

3. cloverann says:

4. ann says:

that was hilarious!

5. gardenmentor says:

okay, that’s hilarious & made my day!

6. Marie says:

It’s a Recession Tulip.

7. That looks like the work of my neighborhood squirrels — they just love a single tulip in the most inconvenient of spots.

8. Bob Vaiden says:

No… This is great! It makes a statment about the lonely struggle of life, and how we fight adversity against all odds, and…

Ok… Ok… It IS pretty sad! Perhaps you should have a meeting with your neighborhood squirrels?

I have found that most species tulips seem to be left alone. Do squirrels have a taste for “fancy” tulips?

9. Pam says:

Hee hee! Minimalism is not that great in music either, in my opinion. Of course, I have one lowly Texas tulip in my southern garden. I was stoked that it had foliage AND a bud. (I carried the bulb around in my purse for a month, so I was surprised it came up at all!) But then some stupid deer came and ate it. So, I moved the tulip where it’s all alone in another spot. They cost $25 a pop, so maybe I can slowly get more!

10. Barbara says:

Deer candy.

They ate the ones I planted FOR them and left the ones intermingled with the daffodils and catmint alone! Not nip…mint – eye-popping purple!

11. Eric says:

I’m a devoted gardenrant reader and this post and accompanyting picture is the funniest thing I’ve ever read on this site – I guffawed out loud when I scrolled down to the photo and I’m still giggling as I type this – thanks ever so much for the laugh!

12. Yeah! I like the art in that, really nice.

-seff-