Bloom Day

For Bloom Day, a Video Tour – with Annotations

Here’s a tour of my sunny back garden, and for a tour of the shady woodland garden, click here.

Taped with a cheap&easy Flip camera.  Oh, for a better camera and editing software.

Posted by on May 15, 2009 at 4:27 am, in the category Bloom Day.

11 Responses to “For Bloom Day, a Video Tour – with Annotations”

1. linda says:

Very nice video tour Susan. Your garden is gorgeous!

2. Faith says:

Oh, it’s beautiful, even with a not-so-good camera. It’s frustrating to not have the colors and beauty come through. But the peacefulness of your hideaway comes through. :)

~Faith

3. Susan,
    I checked out both gardens. Beautiful plants and setting. So lush.
    Shirley

4. Becky says:

Loved that! Thanks for sharing.

5. Michele Owens says:

Lovely! Better not invite me to join you in an Adirondack chair, because I fear you’d never get rid of me.

6. Dan Eskelson says:

Beautiful yard, thanks for sharing! If you do upgrade your camera, it will really knock our socks off.

7. Les says:

Oh great, as if the pressure of posting photos of something fresh and different every 15th wasn’t bad enough, now we have to become horticultural cinematographers.

Just kidding, I enjoyed the tour. I like how your garden sort of emerges from the woods in the background.

8. Amy Greenan says:

Oh my gosh, that was amazing! That’s the kind of backyard I’d like to have someday. Tell me, what is the groundcover in the “yard”? I would ultimately like to replace my backyard’s grass with something else that is prettier and doesn’t need to be mowed, but that you can still walk on a bit.

9. susan harris says:

Amy, it’s Sedum acre and clover, mainly. Here’s a story about it:

10. chuck b. says:

Lovely garden! I watched it twice. I love your color palette. Please take us “into the woods” sometime too.

11. Jean says:

Susan, I watched both your video tours and loved them. Don’t give up on your sweet potato vine just yet. This time of year it’s common for them to get eaten but if they survive this part, they’ll grow like crazy in the summer for a real interesting groundcover effect.