Uncategorized

EPA requires testing of pesticides

I heard from an excited friend today the news that EPA will, for the first time, require testing of pesticides for suspected damage to the endocrine system. And lookee, there's that same industry group who objected to Michelle Obama's organic veg garden – CropLife America – right here in the mix again.  I bet we'll be hearing from them a lot in the coming days and years as their world changes.  One can hope.

Posted by on April 16, 2009 at 3:59 pm, in the category Uncategorized.

7 responses to “EPA requires testing of pesticides”

1. Dan Eskelson says:

This is great news, but the pesticide companies will need constant monitoring to foil their abuse of the system. They have become experts at this abuse through both permissive and restrictive administrations.

2. Michelle says:

It’s about time!

3. zephyr says:

Finally! How many victims does it take before governments take things seriously?

4. Old Kim says:

A young GYOB told me in 1993 that autopsies revealed that old dead ladies had a high % of pituitary
    tumors.

5. Peg says:

If you want to see some sobering articles on this subject, try googling “Monsanto + Roundup + Cancer” and see what comes up!

Great to see maybe the public at least will have abetter chance of being educated about pesticides; people use them so cavalierly without realizing they kill us just as dead as they do weeds and buggs; they just do it a lot more slowly.

6. LauraBee says:

?
    !

I have a pituitary tumor. I also grew up surrounded by farmland in a time when the liberal application of ag chemicals was considered a good thing. The pieces are falling into place. All the more reason for me to grow what my family eats & keep them away from agribusiness.

7. WashDC says:

This headline makes it sounds like EPA is just now testing pesticides. The headline should say EPA is now testing endocrine disruption from pesticides. EPA has been regulating pesticides for decades. The rules are not always perfect, but its an extremely difficult job and I don’t think enough credit is given to EPA for their efforts.