Bloom Day

The first Buds of spring

Photo

Feast your eyes on these lovely blooms. I just spotted them or I would have added them to my GBBD post. I think that the porta-potties and the Arby’s sign are essential to the mise en scene.

Posted by on March 15, 2009 at 4:07 pm, in the category Bloom Day.

14 Responses to “The first Buds of spring”

1. Pam J. says:

And that styrofoam is also essential. It’s actually a haunting shot.

2. Elizabeth says:

BTW, this is just St Pat’s Day parade stuff. It’s not a chronic condition, thank goodness!

3. Love the general approach to gardening here. I will be back to read more when time allows. I live in SoCal and so can garden year round (can and do are not synonyms) and get to grow interesting things in addition to food. *Love the pics*, plants are so lovely.

4. Elizabeth says:

Thanks for accepting this unorthodox submission, Carol!

5. My first thought is this must be the northern urban version of the southern bottle tree in a vacant lot down by the river. St Paddy’s day residue is a much more comforting thought.

6. Old Kim says:

The porta potties have hot skinny chicks serving beer on tap.

7. I think someone deserves credit for not throwing them on the ground. Personally, I’d prefer a Guinness bottle tree. Bud just doesn’t do it — esp. for St. Paddy’s Day!

8. commonweeder says:

It is a mystery to me how beer and St. Patrick came to be connected. I agree with Pam J. that this is a haunting shot.

9. Martha says:

You got me!

My yard is filled with blossoms – native peach, plum, redbud and orchard fruits. Plus tulips, daffodils, hyacinths and their friends.

I fully expected to see buds. Laughed out loud. Thanks.

10. Les says:

I have heard that such buds contain intoxicating nectar.