Who's Ranting About Us

Garden Coaching in Organic Gardening Magazine, Finally

MeShovel400Man, talk about lead time – a whole year.  Garden photog extraordinaire Rob Cardillo spent hours shooting my garden last April and in September I delivered the text about springtime garden-coaching and voila – it’s in my hands and on the stands!  And looking good.  Here’s one of Rob’s cool shots that didn’t make it into the mag.

And the folks in the garden coaching world are mighty grateful to Organic Gardening for the great publicity – I’m already hearing from other coaches who subscribe, and they’re a happy bunch.

Posted by on March 3, 2009 at 12:00 pm, in the category Who's Ranting About Us.

6 Responses to “Garden Coaching in Organic Gardening Magazine, Finally”

1. gardenmentor says:

Congrats. I’ve skimmed but not read it in its entirety yet. It’s been so long since you told me you were doing the piece that I thought I’d missed it. Just super long lead time. Kudos. The more press on coaching the merrier!

2. Jan says:

I’ll have to drive 60 miles to get to a major book store that will have the magazine, but I have other things I want to do once I get there. Your posted picture looks intriguing. I’m looking forward to reading (and seeing) the article.
    I write a gardening column for a magazine that is published quarterly and March 1st was my deadline for Spring 2010. Needless to say, I don’t cover current trends.

3. commonweeder says:

Susan, When I was first browsing through my new issue of Organic Gardening page 71 was stuck to the next page so I didn’t see the title page of your article, but I kept looking at the photo of a blonde pruning a cherry laurel. That has to be Susan! I thought. And of course it is. A great article. Locally, a couple of gardeners have arranged for a crew of volunteer coaches to help new gardeners. The idea is definitley catching on.

4. Elizabeth says:

That picture is great! Shoulda been the cover!

5. Nancy says:

We just got our copy and I was happy to see your familiar face in the magazine! Well done.

6. linda says:

That’s awesome Susan! Thank you for your tireless efforts promoting garden coaching.