Eat This

Wanna be like Michele?
The Today Show tells you how

"Be Like Michele" was the title of a recent veg-growing story on the popular blog Huffington Post.  And for more evidence of the power of the presidency as bully pulpit, especially when he has a hip young family, there's this segment on the Today Show, which is pretty funny.  My favorite line is Kathy Lee Gifford declaring that growing herbs is really impressive.

Posted by on March 23, 2009 at 4:20 pm, in the category Eat This.

15 Responses to “Wanna be like Michele?
The Today Show tells you how”

1. ed bruske says:

Except it should read, Be Like Michelle, with two “l”s. Michelle LaVaughn Robinson Obama.

2. Susan Harris says:

Oops. You’re right. I guess I was thinking of that veg-growing expert, our own Michele.

3. Michelle D. says:

The video tired me out just listening to it !.
    Three chatter boxes all talking over one another.
    That poor gardener from BH+G ! It was like he walked into a snake pit of chatty kathey’s.

4. Funny.

Some display.

like we’re learning how to walk, first time.

5. Plantanista says:

Poor guy. It’s bad enough keeping one ADD TV personality on track, much less KLG and her tribe. At least the two others seemed mildly interested. Did you catch KLG when she said, “so you can at least LOOK like you’re growing something”.

Poor, sad thing.

Well, between this and Alice Waters on the front page of the Sunday NYT Business Section, we’ve done hit on a fashion trend. Great for garden coaches, folks! They need us!

6. Karen says:

I hate morning TV but anything that gets more gardeners into the game is good by me. Also, I’m hoping the elementary school kid class helping her will inspire more kids to get involved in gardening too. We need them to learn it, or it’s going to be a dying art/science!

7. Michelle V says:

Now I want Michelle’s garden AND her arms :)

8. Mike says:

Whoa there Kathy Lee! Makes me wonder – how do you keep cougars away from your garden???

9. Jen says:

So I’m wondering if “Today’s Garden” is a regular feature on the Today show? Does this mean we’ll be getting weekly tips and updates? Anyone know of a place we can go for regular updates on the WH garden?

10. Susan Harris says:

I get all the press info from the White House, so anything garden-related I’ll be sure to see and pass along (as will ALL the media, actually). And I’ve suggested to them that they have a garden blog – of course! – also a food blog and a house blog (the latter, about energy efficiency, etc).

So I’m working on it. Even offered my services as their gardenblogger. Nice gig if I could get it!

11. Marie says:

I agree, Karen – hating the whole TV-hype thing. But if it helps, it helps. I grew up with vegetables and gardening

- but how many kids do now?

Gardening must live.

12. Great idea Susan. I’ll let you guys know when I do a talk show appearance. I will make sure to get a word in edge wise!
    Shirley

13. Adriana says:

“For the urban… like for the apartment people…”

Ugh, this is painful!

14. Kathleen H says:

Poor Justin! When KLG grabbed his face I actually laughed outloud!!