Oh, the wisdom spilling from these distinguished mouths at Lewis Ginter Garden's "Gardening in the Era of Climate Change" event in Richmond, VA this week. From the left they're:
- Jim Urban, landscape architect, very enlightening on the subject of trees and soils in cities.
- Dick Bir, beloved NC State Extension leader (now retired), on my favorite plants – shrubs.
- Felder Rushing on – I'm not sure, but his photos were awesome and he was absurdly entertaining.
- Ken Williams, designer with the innovative, super-green firm Nelson, Byrd, Woltz in Charlottesville on natural hydrology in the garden.
- Alan Armitage, again on whatever he wanted to talk about (consumer and industry trends). Always fun to listen to.
On the second and third days women speakers DID appear, I was happy to learn.
I'll be posting more here or on my blog about their talks, with a photo or two from their PowerPoints, if they're willing.
And can I show Allan off in one more photo? Robert Redford, eat your heart out.Posted by Susan Harris on February 7, 2009 at 3:24 am, in the category What's Happening.