Uncategorized

What Is Up With the Comments?

Okay, two things, and remember, we do it out of love.

First:  We enabled this new threaded comments option on GardenRant. That means that you can reply to someone's comment and carry on your own little conversational thread right here on GR.  It's all part of a new thing called TypePad Connect that is actually not just for TypePad, but any number of blog platforms etc where you may leave comments. We can also see your adorable little pictures if you have them. So let us know what you think–and if this is not working for you or driving you crazy, let us know that too. I don't think you have to have a TypePad Connect account, but this is where you'd set one up. And if you can't comment at all, send your curses and admonitions directly to amy at amy stewart dot com and I will try to sort it out.

Second:  notice little Recent Comments box in left sidebar below Twitter feed.  It's just a way to feature  you, our readers.

Oh:  and URLs in comments should be converted to links automatically now.

Posted by on January 22, 2009 at 9:11 pm, in the category Uncategorized.

33 responses to “What Is Up With the Comments?”

1. Oh gawd , something new to learn.
    Twitter ? A Twitter feed ?
    I’m lost. Tweet Tweet.
    Please show me to the compost pile.
    Now it’s clear to me why having children might have been a good idea, – they could teach me all this new fangled computer stuff.

2. Heiner says:

OK, so let’s check out the reply function 😉

3. Okay, this is so cool! I’m a techie geek, so I’ve got to look into how it all works!

Cameron

4. trey says:

Just wanted to see what came up when I commented. Hopefully some cool looking box that looks like a atom bouncing around. Here we go…

5. trey says:

perfect…a spiral graph!

6. Rosella says:

Love the idea! But … I am not sure I can handle it. I am not sure my poor old brain can handle one more piece of technology. But here goes.

7. Rosella says:

So. I can do this much.

8. Some random computer generated avatar is completely unacceptable.

9. Nice. There is an edit function.

So ifs I mispell something I can fix it.

Like misspell.

10. But then I feel a lot like Michelle Derviss, Oh gawd!

11. Susan Harris says:

An edit function? Fabulous.
    Now I want to see what photo pops up. And let’s see more photos!

12. Susan Harris says:

Oh, Lord. There’s that peace-flag-wielding gardenclubber photo from some 4th of July a few years back. Time to retire her?

13. I actually like the little green thingie, but wondering how to get a real avatar up?

14. Michele says:

Yes, where on earth did Typepad get a five year old photo of me with baby and pig? Not that’s it’s really out of character…

15. The terms of service page for Typepad Connect is kind of ridiculous.

16. Kathy says:

I can’t seem to change my picture. I wish this service worked with gravatar.com. I signed in with my TypeKey account.

17. Genevieve says:

OK, let’s try out my avvie…. Awesome! Everything works!

18. Okay — You convinced me to add this to my blog. I’ll see what happens with the first time that it goes into play. All the code is edited and the switches are flipped!

Thanks (I Hope),
    Cameron

19. greg draiss says:

don’t like it!
    I refuse to come out from under my bridge until you put back the old way!!!!

The (not all change is good except the coins) TROLL

20. Errr, something new. I have kids and they’re not help!

21. My, my and I’m a computer idiot and I did this.

22. vicki says:

hmmmm…and if I don’t want to create a Profile?

23. vicki says:

I don’t have to…good.
    OK. so that’s swell…I guess the proof will be in the pudding, down the road a piece, while mixing and matching and discarding metaphors.

24. So Miss C. I will be checking yours out tomorrow!

25. It’s almost midnight and I haven’t written tomorrow’s blog… I’ll need to have plenty of coffee in the morning to start writing! :-)

26. DID NOT work in Blogger. I double-checked my editing, but whenever I saved the HTML code, blogger converted the quotation marks in the syntax to the HTML code, not the marks. I had to back out all of the changes. It’s 12:47am here in NC, so I have no new post at this time.

27. Plantanista says:

ok, I’m testing, but I cain’t figgure how to add a pic. Maybe the profile fairy will come to me when I hit preview?

28. Plantanista says:

Now testing to see if the profile fairy understood my wish.

29. Plantanista says:

Damn you, Profile Fairy!!!!

30. Plantanista says:

Profile Fairy,

In your great benevolence, you have granted me my wish. I now humbly ask you for one more favor. If you please, would you allow my carrot seeds to sprout, for it has been ten days and I have consorted with the water god and soil microbe herder to no avail.

Plantanista