12. Seasoned retailer offers advice for credit
crunch – Read the full blog post here.
11. Experts offer 2009 color trends – see color forecasters.
10. Lowe’s launches major spring marketing campaign.
9. Lowe’s is looking to gain market share by going head to head with small, independent
retailers as well as some its larger rivals.
8. S.E. drought causes green-industry
collapse, with 35,000 out of 79,000 green-industry employees in Georgia losing their jobs. Suggestions are offered about how the national green industry can help.
7. Garden center in the U.K. flaunts its flower-shaped urinals.
6. For retailers: 5 things they don't know about baby boomers.
5. Five "fatal" mistakes that small retailers often make? At the top of the list: failure to
plan effectively and objectively. Click here to read more.
4. Proven Winners recently published a new online magazine targeting Gen X and Y consumers – Proven Beauty, which can be viewed with no subscription fees. The first
edition includes articles on water conservation, butterfly gardening and a Q
& A with P. Allen Smith.
3. Garden Media Group unveils 2009
trends. Suzi McCoy says: global influences, water conservation and blended
gardens will be in vogue. Complete recap on
2. Anne Raver's plant picks from the Mid-Atlantic Nursery Trade Show in Baltimore earlier this month.
1. What is the greenest tree? Slate.com answers.
So readers, what do you make of all this? Me, I have a question about
that number 4, which is: Do Gen X and Y'ers dig P. Allen Smith? Really?