Uncategorized

*Damn you, Brent and Becky!

Bulbs400If it weren’t for you guys, it would be smooth sailing for me bulb-wise, with hundreds of bulbs tidily
buried at the correct depth around my garden, quietly preparing to dazzle me as early as February.  But nooooo, you all just HAD to donate whole bags of your plump, irresistible bulbs as favors for the unsuspecting party-goers at the American Horticultural Society’s Christmas party.

Yes, in the line of gardenblogger duty I was there, thanks to an invitation from the staff of The American Gardener magazine.  Eating their food, drinking their wine, talking gardening with actual professionals, and taking as many bulbs off their hands as I could.  Now it’s back to digging for me.

*Imagine this sentiment expressed with fist shaken toward the heavens, Stephen Colbert style.

Posted by on December 14, 2008 at 10:53 am, in the category Uncategorized.

10 responses to “*Damn you, Brent and Becky!”

1. Peg says:

Lucky you! B & B sell some mighty fine bulbs…

2. I certainly hope that was the display table at the party and not what you brought home Elizabeth. You still have my address don’t you?

3. susan harris says:

Christopher, it’s me Susan, the non-bulb addict, so that’s the display table. If it had been Elizabeth, we can only imagine.

4. I didn’t even look at the byline, sorry. I am sure you can understand my mistake.

5. Michele Owens says:

Oh my goodness, what a fantasy! Can I get on the guest list next year?

6. Too late to plant? “The general rule is that it’s too late to plant bulbs when you can’t get the shovel in the ground.” So says Bill Miller, our flower bulb expert at Cornell in the New York Times a week or so ago:

7. eliz says:

Those look like some nice cultivars too, from what I can see!

8. Dave says:

I feel really sorry for you! what an awful situation to have so many extra bulbs given to you for free. 😉

Sounds great, I wish that happened to me!

9. Peg says:

I’ve planted tulips in December many times; even after the ground has already frozen more than once; as long as it unfreezes for a bit…

10. Barbara says:

I’ll take 6 (any color) tulips to force off your hands.