Real Gardens

Bloom Day, Salem NY

Img_2047

Enough said.

Posted by on December 15, 2008 at 8:25 am, in the category Real Gardens.

12 responses to “Bloom Day, Salem NY”

1. susan harris says:

Big laugh out loud.

2. Lisa Albert says:

Oooooooooooohhhhhh! Not good at all. Is this in your garden? So sorry.

We’re getting hit hard with snow and at or below freezing temperatures all week – very unusual for Portland to get and stay that cold for a week. It’s pretty but I also know it’s treacherous.

3. arythrina says:

Yikes! It’s grim over here in Indiana, but not like that!

4. Sh*t.
    Judging by the size of that fallen tree, looks like your shade border just became a full sun border.

Poor little picnic table.
    It is definitely not happy.

Warm thoughts.
    Only a couple of months till spring.

5. That looks really nice Michele. I can’t imagine what you are complaining about.

Some people are never satisfied.

6. chuck b. says:

It’s dangerous out there. Stay warm.

7. Thanks for your good wishes–but it’s just a weekend house, so there is nothing tragic about the fact that we’ve had no power there since Thursday night.

And even though I did do a 180 degree spin off the road leaving this house on Friday, right in front of a sheriff’s car–I didn’t injure anybody. I didn’t even get arrested.

So there is nothing in this whole situation that a chain saw won’t fix.

Winter. I don’t know why I do it.

8. We are in the same situation. When I saw the photo I just thought – how lucky. Just the picnic table, and not the house. Your spin on the road was much more terrifying. I am glad you are safe – and a free woman.

9. Benjamin says:

Is it -4 with a windchill of -20 there, too? Winter showed up fast this year.

10. Yikes! It looks like winter is making up for a late start up north. I guess I should be happy about my snow and rain and snow and sleet and snow and rime and wind and frigid temperatures in NC cause there hasn’t been an ice storm yet. Though I did slip and fall on the ice covered steps and landed on my well insulated okole. Sections of the forest here look like that all the time. It took me a moment to see that it was a problem.

11. Tibs says:

So just what is the correct pronunciation of “okole” Sounds like a word I need to add to my vocabulary. And ice storms are the absolutely worse. We are scheduled to be hit tonight. And the dh is a midnight plowboy for the city.

12. Tibs that would be oh-coal-lay (okole).