Designs, Tricks, and Schemes

Cool!

Img_1999_2

I love this benzene-shaped aluminum trellis: light, strong, hip.

Img_2000

My sister-in-law got it at Ikea for $4.99 a section.  Clearly, the world could use a little more Sweden in its garden ornaments.

Posted by on November 28, 2008 at 4:54 pm, in the category Designs, Tricks, and Schemes.

10 Responses to “Cool!”

1. Colleen says:

I have one of those as well, in light green from Ikea–I love it.

2. Susan Cohan says:

Good design doesn’t have to be expensive.

3. Kim says:

What is the plant in pots that will grow up that trellis? And can you please tell us how many sections are in the photo and how it’s anchored to the wall?

I love the look, and the photos left me wanting to know more.

4. greg draiss says:

This is by far a much more superior trellising system than the overpriced flimsy crap available to most gardeners.

It looks to be a modular system that could be made into “walls” to frame an outdoor garden room.
    Great idea. Nay idea how we poor American gardeners can obtain this?

The TROLL

5. kim says:

Greg, Ikea is all over here in America. Go to this link to see if there’s a store anywhere near you: http://info.ikea-usa.com/StoreLocator/StoreLocator.aspx

6. Lori says:

Very cool! I am definitely going to have to make a place for this.

7. Chris Heiler says:

That actually looks pretty decent.

It’s difficult finding high quality trelliage in stores and catalogs.

I usually have to design it and fabricate it myself.

Chris Heiler
    editor- http://www.landscapeleadership.com

8. Aiyana says:

Oh my! For years I’ve looked for the perfect, unobtrusive trellis and never found just what I was looking for until I saw this post! I’m going to Ikea tomorrow to see if they have one in our area. I just love this one and will probably end up with about 10 sections for the area where I need the trellis.
    Thanks for posting!
    Aiyana

9. Michele Owens says:

Kim, it’s jasmine in the pots–that outdoor corridor should smell heavenly at some point. I’m not sure how many sections there were, but I did find the trellis on Ikea’s website if you want to have a look.

10. Brian Olinski says:

I found it on Ikea’s website.

Unfortunately it’s not sold online. This would have made a perfect Christmas gift.