But is it Art?

Oh crap, the zombies got into the garden again

Zombie_garden

I hate it when that happens.

Actually this garden sculpture has been around for a while, but it’s the first time I’ve come across it. The artist is Alan Dickinson. It’s in the Toscano catalog, a mail order design company that has quite a number of extraordinary items on offer.

Would I have something like this in my front garden now if I thought it wouldn’t get ripped off? Sure! Though I’m not a fan of having too many manmade objects around during the actual gardening season, for Halloween and Christmas, when there’s nothing else worth looking at, all bets are off. I love wild light and decor displays at those times, and wish I had a more accessible outlet for LED lights. Oh well. Too late to set up some animated coffins this year. Doomed to tastefulness, again!

Posted by on October 29, 2008 at 5:00 am, in the category But is it Art?.

10 Responses to “Oh crap, the zombies got into the garden again”

1. greg draiss says:

What I like about this particular sculpture is the fact it is not a ghoul or blood sucking vampire.

Could it be an eample of Americans climbing out of debt or being buried by it….

Trying to escape the political ads or again being swallowed by them.

Or perhaps my favorite take….running from the morass of consumerism and escaping to a garden…………

The (conservative capitalist but enough already) TROLL

2. Cindy, MCOK says:

OK, that’s just plain creepy … perfect for Halloween! Now that my kids are somewhat grown (24 & 19, old enough to know better, young enough not to care), I don’t decorate for Halloween. At a friend’s suggestion, though, I’m going to look for a scary monster mask to place on top of the cut off tree limb that’s sitting in the front garden. His name will be Ike, of course.

3. linda says:

That’s hilarious!

4. Gail says:

Fabulous. We had World Zombie Day last Sunday, here in Nashville with a Zombie Walk …a fund raiser no less. Zombies must be the latest rage.

5. eliz says:

Yes! We had a zombie walk in Buff too! I don’t think most people here knew it was world zombie day, so they were like, huh?.

6. Too funny! However, it would really scare little kids, wouldn’t it?

7. There was a zombie walk in Asheville, NC on Sunday that coincided with a Sarah Palin rally. Alas the zombies left hungry. There were no brains there to eat.

8. TC says:

If I had it, I’d only put it out for Halloween. It’s definitely a very frightful zombie!

9. Barbara says: