What's Happening

GardenRant Duo does Portland

Amysusan300

The Garden Writers Association is having their big annual meet-up in Portland, Oregon this year – a VERY
popular choice – and for the first time, GardenRanters will be there!  And not just attending but speaking on the "Garden Blogging Success Stories" panel.  The description on their website doesn’t mention GardenRant so we’re here to tell ya.

8:00 a.m. – 8:45 a.m.
Garden Blogging Success Stories
As a follow-up to last year’s panel on garden blogging, three popular
garden bloggers will share their success stories from 2008. Hear case
studies as we continue the conversation about the blogging phenomenon,
focusing on the myriad of ways GWA bloggers define success, whether to
create community, develop a platform, or enhance their business.
Panelists: Dee Nash (www.reddirtramblings.com), Susan Harris (www.sustainablegardeningblog.com) Amy Stewart (www.amystewart.com) and Doug Green (blog.douggreensgarden.com). Moderator: Debra Prinzing.

Here’s what we want to know:  Are you people really coffeed-up enough at 8 on a Sunday morning to show up and actually listen?  We’re ready to be duly impressed if you are.

Friends and readers, look for Amy and me trolling the
convention halls wearing our GardenRant buttons – we want to meet you!
And thanks to Debra PrinzIng for the generous invitation.

Posted by on September 16, 2008 at 11:31 am, in the category What's Happening.

12 responses to “GardenRant Duo does Portland”

1. Are you kidding me?!

You guys are the main reason I signed up to go to the conference this year! I have been a GWA member for 14 years (been writing for 18), but haven’t been to a conference in a while. I will be front row-center at your talk with a Double Latte, pen and paper. I’ll wave to you!
    Can’t wait! See you there.

2. Doug Green says:

I want to know who’s making sure Amy and I have enough coffee to keep us going! 😉

3. I’ll be there, but I don’t count because I’m speaking. I don’t know why I think that’s so funny, but I am LOL. I’m looking forward to meeting Amy and hearing what you all think about blogging. Here’s to success.~~Dee

4. Well, if I were going to be there I could probably drag my butt in, but only because I would still be on Eastern time and think it was 11am. And even that’s pushing it for dressed and alert on a Sunday morning. Alas, I will be home, most likely in my PJs sitting having breakfast in my garden, but I promise I’ll think of you.

5. Buffalo says:

Portland,
    Hide your alcohol.
    -from Buffalo

6. Pam/Digging says:

Have a great time in Portland, and good luck on the panel. I look forward to reading all about it.

7. John says:

Save something for 2009 when you’re in my neck of the woods! I’ll be working at the symposium heading up the tour busses next year in Raleigh, NC.

8. Robin says:

I wish I could make the trek from Seattle, alas its grape harvest season and winery duties call.

Please keep me updated here!

9. Lisa Albert says:

As a non-morning person, I’ll be doing my best impression of awake and coffeed-up at 8am. If I had my way, I’d start the day at a more reasonable hour. Oh, suck it up, Lisa, and quit whining! I’m looking forward to meeting all who are coming to town.

Hide the alcohol? Little difficult to do considering our region’s fantastic craft breweries and wineries. There are other treats in store, too. Look for the homemade lavender cookies. They just finished the baking last night. I’ll bet it smelled heavenly in the kitchen!

10. bill aldrich says:

susan; not to worry. last year’s session was sro and i’m dead certain this year’s session will be as well. good reminder to get there early…

11. Kim McDodge says:

If anyone of the writers is interested in visiting a soil food web garden close enough to the conference, here are links:

osalt.org/ariadne_garden.html

Google map: 3606 NE 11th Ave Portland, OR 97212

It takes 7 minutes on 7th Ave to get here from the Doubletree. Directly west of
    Whole Foods off Fremont.
    1.5 miles, walking,17 blocks straight north on 11th once around Lloyd Center.

Here is our number if anyone wants to come up and look around. I can meet you there in 5 minutes.

503 284-7116

We are only officially open on Sat from 10-1:

Kim McDodge

12. Old Kim says:

I’d like to read more garden fiction. Plants with a plot. Get more readers to discover plants.