All day people have been sending me this story about some folks in suburban Maryland who were rushed to the hospital with a suspected case of insecticide poisoning. Seems their host served them homegrown mint he/she had sprayed with organophosphates. The poisonous mint had been included in some potato stew. Yum!
Here’s what the Illinois Department of Public Health has to say about organophosphates. Note it’s part of their bioterrorism alert.
My question: Why would someone spray this crap on their mint? Not to mention then serve it.Posted by Susan Harris on July 9, 2008 at 3:00 pm, in the category Eat This.