Uncategorized

Camouflage is cool

Owl_2I love this recent shot of a screech owl by my friend Glenda Kapsalis.

But before anyone scolds me for going off-topic, that’s a tree, right?

Posted by on April 16, 2008 at 1:39 pm, in the category Uncategorized.

10 responses to “Camouflage is cool”

1. Yes, that’s a tree and a very cool picture.

2. Matt Bunch says:

Cool indeed. And this is a great reason to keep around trees with cavities. Many an arborist will tell you to remove such a tree(especially if it is a silver maple which the pic would suggest), and rightfully so if it can harm life or property.
    When the damn starlings aren’t nesting in the cavities of our A. saccharinums the woodpeckers and occasional barred owl enjoys them.

3. arythrina says:

That is a wonderful shot! Did she spot it flying in? I don’t know think I would have seen it otherwise… Actually, if you hadn’t labeled the post with the word “camouflage” I might have looked right by it!

4. LetsPlant says:

Great picture!!

5. judy says:

Great post. I live in the mountains in the summer and I’ve never seen an owl although I’ve heard them in the night. Beautiful picture. I’ll stop by often. Thanks, have a great week.
    Judy

6. Layanee says:

Camouflaged oh so well! That is one picture for the wall! Owls are cool!

7. Lisa Albert says:

Great photo! She’s got quite the eagle eye (or would that be owl eye?).

Off topic? Not so! Wildlife is so much a part of my gardening experience, I couldn’t talk about one without the other.

8. Lauren says:

That’s an awesome photo!

9. A little boy with very sharp eyesight spotted the owl, or owls (some of us think there are two in there). Since I am a professional photographer I have the proper gear (400 mm stabilized lens to capture it). Today, it or they were no longer there, but it gave the entire neighborhood a thrill – after I sent the picture around. None of the adults could really see it!

10. What a wonderful photo!

Thanks.