Unusually Clever People

Help Wanted

Paulnewman

Susan’s made me think about what kind of gardening help I’d hire, if I hired any.

Posted by on February 26, 2008 at 6:21 pm, in the category Unusually Clever People.

13 responses to “Help Wanted”

1. You’ld let the help smoke or you just like smokin help?

2. kate says:

Would you mind if I came and hung out with the garden help?

3. Nancy says:

He looks good so far, but I can’t see the important parts. Are his fingernails dirty enough? He looks like he might think himself too good to work with soil…

As some famous writer once said, a hard man is good to find. :)

4. I think you should rename your blog Garden Randy. 😉

5. Amy Stewart says:

Oh no, Mrs. Robinson. I think you’re the most attractive of all my parents’ friends. I mean that.

6. Lisa Albert says:

I see we’re of like minds, Michele! A hunk then, still a hunk. He’s aged well (we should all be so lucky).

From smokin’ help to Mrs. Robinson, you all crack me up!

7. layaneel says:

Now that’s what I’m looking for! LOL…a bit of levity! In a former job as a Garden Designer and installer my partner and I, also a woman and well older than myself, used to joke that what we needed for help with the muscle jobs was eye candy like your picture. Eye candy that could take direction well and not ask questions, aka ‘The dumb blonde’!

8. tulipa says:

Everything is balanced on that beautiful body. Eat your heart out, Matthew McConaughey, and similar over-inflatos.

9. susan harris says:

Tulipa – I too was going to compare Newman favorably to the overexposed McConaughey – but I didn’t know how to spell the name. “Over-inflato” is perfect.

10. Judy in Oberlin says:

The best post ever.

11. Grey says:

Mmmmmm. Yes Please. He can help me anytime!

12. I know some people who’ve actually met him (he lives here in CT), and he’s incredibly short. Like barely over 5′ tall. I do not deny that he was super hot and has aged well, but at 5’8″, he’d make me feel like a giant. That said, viewed at a distance from my patio as he labored in my garden — yes please!