What's Happening

Austin, Here We Come!

Pp_countyline

by Susan
Imagine in one weekend: a tasty fajita lunch with Tom Spencer, a Texas-sized BBQ dinner, world-class gardens and garden-themed door prizes, happy hours with passionate gardeners/bloggers, the Ladybird Johnson Wildflower Center, a tour of Natural Gardener Nursery, and MORE. And all that in April when the bluebonnets are blooming. My god, who could resist?

Yes, the Texans have worn us down.  Elizabeth and I will be there, absolutely, and we ALL would if we could.  But at least two of us will be experiencing gardening and partying TexasPp_davidpeese366a-style, a worthy addition to our new book – Gardeners Partying Around the World.  Okay, I just made that up but from what we can tell about The County Line, the gang could be getting down. (And we have this inside dirt from Amy, who visited the Austin gardenbloggers on her recent book tour:  Prepare to party!)

My only question:  Does The County Line have music and room for some two-stepping?  And if it does, can we drag Tom along?Garden Bloggers Spring Fling 2008 Otherwise poor Bill from Prairie Point’s got a whole lot of dancing to do

Just LOOK at the cool weekend in store for us April 4 and 5 in the coolest city in Texas (Is there any competition?)  And man, we’re blown away by the great job our friends in Austin are doing making it all happen for us.  Be there, y’all!

Photos courtesy of BGSG.

Posted by on February 14, 2008 at 3:58 pm, in the category What's Happening.

9 responses to “Austin, Here We Come!”

1. If we want to go two-steppin’, we’ll have to go to The Broken Spoke after dinner.

2. Pam/Digging says:

Whoo-hoo! We can’t wait for all you garden bloggers to arrive, and I’m thrilled to finally meet you and Elizabeth. I feel like I already know you from reading your blogs for several years, but there’s something special about meeting in person.

Oh, and Melissa’s right—the Broken Spoke is THE place to go boot-scootin’.

3. Pam/Digging says:

By the way, your link for the Natural Gardener is bad, Susan.

4. bill says:

uh oh. I better confess up front that i’m not positively sure I even know what two-steppin’ is. Which is probably something no self-respecting Texan should admit.

5. layanee says:

Can’t wait to meet all the bloggers and visit Texas! Austin will be a first for me! Two steppin? I dance like Elaine Bennis from Seinfeld so I’ll just sit and drink, oh, and take pictures! LOL Maybe we should all make a pact that ‘Whatever happens on the road, stays on the road’!

6. eliz says:

I know all about Susan and her dance bravado. Big talk. We’ll see …

Bill, think Urban Cowboy and about a million other contemporary movies set anywhere in Texas. Seriously. You have seen two steppin.

7. Carol says:

I like Layanee’s idea… “what happens in Austin, stays in Austin”. Looking forward to meeting everyone face to face!

8. Yipes! Boot scootin’ and two-stepping after hitting the BBQ joint?

Many people in Austin would love your planned activities, but there’s a whole nuther bunch that would rather wear their sandals to the vegetarian restaurant before hitting an art theater for a controversial movie ;-]

I’m looking forward to meeting you guys, too~ especially Layanee dancing like Elaine.

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

9. chuck b. says:

Two-stepping, whatever. It’s the promise of Texas BBQ has me crying in my pillow at night that I won’t be able to attend.

I love all the southern BBQs.