Everybody's a Critic

GreenGirls: Too Cold To Type

ps

Posted by on October 8, 2007 at 1:24 pm, in the category Everybody's a Critic.

8 responses to “GreenGirls: Too Cold To Type”

1. Susan Harris says:

Amy, we temperate climate gardeners appreciate your empathy but really, hot toddies in California? You’re breaking our hearts.

2. Jodi in MN says:

I live north of Mpls/St. Paul in zone 3 or 4 or something like that. I am tired of gardening, and it could be because I actually started gardening in september. Real gardening – buying plants, planting plants, watching plants grow. And finally getting the water garden in. I spent all the other months lugging buckets of water just to keep plants alive. It was a weather breaking 87 degrees on Saturday – hot, humid, and yes, another day of rain. Today, cooler, only 50 something and yet another day of rain. Yes, I am tired and I don’t blame the greengirls for taking a winter break. And in my neck of the woods, it called a hotdish and not a casserole….

3. Hmmmm… That’s a plan. Take off when your main audience has time to read and interact.

4. Peter Hoh says:

Yeah, I’m not happy with the decision, but what to do? There are plenty of sites that can help keep the flame burning through the winter months. All 6 of them.

5. trey says:

I have found that during the winter is when garden bloggers finally have time to noodle with ideas that during the growing season would get lost. Its during the winter that the mind has time to think the crazy thoughts that often become the great ideas the next spring.

6. layanee says:

I read that and thought…’What? Take time off from gardening? There is always something to chew on!’

7. Peter Hoh says:

Well, to make up for it, the Renegade Gardener promises to return to what he refers to as “live status” now that there’s less to do outside.

8. Wait, on October 3, they’re DONE? Even in Zone 4, I’m always still working until Thanksgiving.